Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid. Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

John 6:20-21 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus comes to his disciples to comfort them in their worst nightmare - a storm on the sea. He literally tells them, "I Am, do not be afraid." Two key things are here for us to notice. First, Jesus uses a name ("I Am") that identifies himself with God who delivered Moses and the Israelites from Egypt. Second, he uses a surprisingly frequent command found throughout the Bible: "Don't be afraid." When we are willing to invite Jesus into our lives during the middle of our storms and messes, he not only says, "I Am, don't be afraid!" but he also helps us find our way to our most important destination, ultimate deliverance.

My Prayer...​

O God, the great I Am, you redeemed Israel from Egypt, you won great victories for David, and you raised Jesus from the dead. I know you can deliver me from what may come my way. Please forgive me when I don't act with the boldness that is called for by this kind of faith and strengthen me to more confidently trust in your presence. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid. Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

John 6:20-21 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus comes to his disciples to comfort them in their worst nightmare - a storm on the sea. He literally tells them, "I Am, do not be afraid." Two key things are here for us to notice. First, Jesus uses a name ("I Am") that identifies himself with God who delivered Moses and the Israelites from Egypt. Second, he uses a surprisingly frequent command found throughout the Bible: "Don't be afraid." When we are willing to invite Jesus into our lives during the middle of our storms and messes, he not only says, "I Am, don't be afraid!" but he also helps us find our way to our most important destination, ultimate deliverance.

My Prayer...​

O God, the great I Am, you redeemed Israel from Egypt, you won great victories for David, and you raised Jesus from the dead. I know you can deliver me from what may come my way. Please forgive me when I don't act with the boldness that is called for by this kind of faith and strengthen me to more confidently trust in your presence. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Trust Jesus word, believe everything He said and wonderful things will happen to our life.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What's the power...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. —John 8:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Are you walking in light, or are you stumbling around in darkness? Can you see your path, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. —Philippians 1:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you have long-term...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. —Matthew 2:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The birth of Jesus at Bethlehem was no accident. The Almighty God had foretold this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel. —Psalm 69:5-6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While we're all weak...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom