Today's Verse - John 11:26 (KJV)

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

—John 11:26 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


These were Jesus' words to Martha when her brother had died. She still hoped Jesus would intervene and do something about her brother's death. What Jesus says here fits well with something we emphasized several days ago. Christians who die physically are never really separated from their relationship with God's loving presence in Jesus (Romans 8:32-39). Their life is joined with Jesus, and that relationship is not severed by death (Philippians 1:18-23). In today's passage, Jesus challenges us to believe a similar truth: "Whoever lives and believes in me will never die." Do you believe the genuine living part of you made by God in your mother's womb (Psalm 139:13-16) will never die? Even though your physical body dies, do you believe you are still alive in Jesus? I hope so because this is an incredible thought! We are eternal, immortal, and joined with Jesus. His future is joined with us because of him (Colossians 3:1-4)! So, will we live believing this powerful truth?

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, I do believe that because of Jesus, I will never die, that I am never separated from you because my life and future are joined to Jesus. Please bless me, dear Father, so that I can make every minute count while I am here in this life. At the same time, dear God, I look forward to seeing you face to face. In the meantime, please help me live by faith and not fear. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

—John 11:26 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


These were Jesus' words to Martha when her brother had died. She still hoped Jesus would intervene and do something about her brother's death. What Jesus says here fits well with something we emphasized several days ago. Christians who die physically are never really separated from their relationship with God's loving presence in Jesus (Romans 8:32-39). Their life is joined with Jesus, and that relationship is not severed by death (Philippians 1:18-23). In today's passage, Jesus challenges us to believe a similar truth: "Whoever lives and believes in me will never die." Do you believe the genuine living part of you made by God in your mother's womb (Psalm 139:13-16) will never die? Even though your physical body dies, do you believe you are still alive in Jesus? I hope so because this is an incredible thought! We are eternal, immortal, and joined with Jesus. His future is joined with us because of him (Colossians 3:1-4)! So, will we live believing this powerful truth?

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, I do believe that because of Jesus, I will never die, that I am never separated from you because my life and future are joined to Jesus. Please bless me, dear Father, so that I can make every minute count while I am here in this life. At the same time, dear God, I look forward to seeing you face to face. In the meantime, please help me live by faith and not fear. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
I believe in every single promise Jesus gave us. I believe He is the Son of the living God. I believe He saved me and He is leading my path to heaven.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
101
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
87
  • Article Article
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. —John 1:12-13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in a time and culture...
Replies
0
Views
113
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,991
Messages
16,817,339
Members
651,117
Latest member
Whiahaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom