And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

—Isaiah 8:19 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

We live in an age when people want to mix the contents of many mystical faiths into the boiling pot of their own pseudo-Christian religion. Most do not know that the basic claim of Scripture is simple and clear. Only God, the Almighty Yahweh, is truly God. Only the one true and living God is to be worshiped. Only this Abba Father is to be trusted. Yes, there are other spiritual powers, but these powers lead to despair, death, and destruction. Jesus triumphed over them for us in the cross (Colossians 2:13-15). Seek God, YAHWEH, the great "I AM" of Israel, the Almighty, the righteous Father of Jesus and all who follow him. Seek God and live.

My Prayer...

Almighty Father and holy Majesty on high, rekindle in our lands a passion to seek you in truth so that the world may know your grace, so that the people will honor your character, and so that the nations know your peace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
3F3n2uxrPj8


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
88
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
91
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,699
Messages
16,814,120
Members
650,961
Latest member
Astuozorroth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom