Today's Verse - Isaiah 44:3 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring.

Isaiah 44:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Growing up in West Texas in part of my early years, I certainly know what "thirsty land" truly is. The black dirt shrinks, leaving deep fissures in the ground. All the grass turns yellow, then brown, and then dies. A wisp of breeze stirs swirls of dust over the barren land. When the downpour finally comes, the "thirsty land" swallows voluminous amounts of water as the rain runs off the wet surfaces and finds its way into the deep cracks of the drought. The ground swells, the grass returns to life, and the landscape is replenished. In a barren spiritual wasteland, God's Holy Spirit pours out his blessing, brings times of refreshment, and replenishes our thirsty hearts. Jesus reminded us of Isaiah's promise when the Lord said:
"Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive (John 7:37-39).

My Prayer...​

Generous and loving Father, thank you for so many blessings you have poured into my life. Most of all, dear Father, thank you for the blessing of your presence, your strength, your grace, and your refreshment given to me through your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Amen. Those are wonderful promises given to all of us who are faithful and true to His word. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Make us o Lord as Thou art, full of mercy and compassion for lost souls.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: —Acts 3:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When did you last catch...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see. —Deuteronomy 3:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Moses led the people of Israel out of Egypt and in the wilderness but did...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. —Romans 4:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Why are the Cross and the Empty Tomb so important? Everything essential and truly lasting in this life and our salvation in the life to come depends upon Jesus'...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. —Daniel 3:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I love the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Daniel 3:1-30). Their faith was...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah. —Psalm 3:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God is The Great Deliverer! That's his chosen expertise. Whether it was delivering the Israelites from Egypt through the Red Sea from Pharaoh's army ages ago or rescuing a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom