Today's Verse - Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

—Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


It is easy for us to live victoriously for the LORD when we are soaring on the wings of eagles. Things are going great. We can see the LORD at work in our life and good things are happening. It can be exciting when we run and don't grow weary doing the work of the LORD, buoyed by his power and presence, as the Holy Spirit shows up and makes us better than we really are. But it often takes real heroes to keep walking without fainting during trying times, attacks from the evil one, or oppressive criticism and opposition. So, dear friend of Jesus, please keep walking forward. Trust the Spirit of the living God is alive in you to empower you, more than you can even ask or think (Ephesians 1:17-20, 4:14-21). The LORD is with you, even when you most fear he has forgotten you. Keep walking, and as you do, may the LORD reveal his sustaining presence to you, in you, and through you!

My Prayer...​


O, Majestic God, who spoke into existence the universe, whose voice holds together the great expanse of the heavens, give those who can barely walk forward with faith, the strength to continue as they face the stress and assaults of the evil one. I specifically want to pray for those I know personally who are facing trying times. Please, dear LORD, give them strength as I share their names with you, and meet their most pressing needs, and do your work through them in ways that they can see and experience. Through Jesus, who conquered Satan, sin, hell, and death. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
82
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
  • Article Article
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. —Isaiah 41:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Fear saps our willpower and leaves us feeling depleted and...
Replies
0
Views
147
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,867
Messages
16,793,003
Members
649,438
Latest member
Splaorlilmont

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom