Today's Verse - Isaiah 44:3 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring.

Isaiah 44:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Growing up in West Texas in part of my early years, I certainly know what "thirsty land" truly is. The black dirt shrinks, leaving deep cracks in the ground. All the grass turns yellow, then brown, and then dies. A wisp of breeze stirs swirls of dust over the barren land. When the downpour finally comes, the "thirsty land" swallows voluminous amounts of water as the rain runs off the wet surface and finds its way into the deep cracks of the drought. The ground swells, the grass comes back to life, and life is replenished. In a barren spiritual wasteland, God's Holy Spirit pours out his blessing, brings times of refreshment, and replenishes our thirsty hearts.

My Prayer...

Generous and loving Father, thank you for so many blessings you have poured into my life. Most of all, dear Father, thank you for the blessing of your presence, your strength, your grace, and your refreshment given to me through your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
vVy8I9m4Flk

Continue reading...

Wonderful promise from a wonderful and loving God who loves and cares for each one of us. Once we got saved we were chosen by God Himself to be His very own. He want us all to live a holy and pure life before Him. Reading His word daily and obeying what it says.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring. —Isaiah 44:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Growing up in West Texas in part of my early years, I certainly know what "thirsty land"...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. —Jeremiah 2:12-13 (KJV) Thoughts...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. —Genesis 2:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are God's creation, each of us. He fashioned and formed our original ancestor out of the dust of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. And the idols he shall utterly abolish. —Isaiah 2:17-18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sometimes, when we are "too big for our britches," we find...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. —Philemon 1:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Have you noticed how words of blessing are in such short supply these days? There is something about our fallen state that makes sarcasm and ridicule easier to use than sharing a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom