Today's Verse - Isaiah 42:8-9 (KJV)

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

—Isaiah 42:8-9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Isn't it comforting that no matter what happens over the next few days, months, or years, God is already there? He is not bound by space and time. He creates reality with his powerful words. While some may tremble with fear because of the unknown, Christians can take comfort in knowing that wherever and whenever we find ourselves, our Father in heaven — the great I Am, the One who is and was and is to come — is there already. He is already working on our deliverance and salvation. Even now, he is declaring new things about our future that we cannot see. So, as we journey into our unknown future, let's make sure we journey with the One to whom the future is not unknown.

My Prayer...​


Thank you, Father! You know where my life and my world are headed. With so much tumult about the changing of the year and the passing of time, I consciously and confidently trust that my future is in your hands. There is no other place I would rather my future be! Please bless me with confidence and banish anxiety from my heart as your future unfolds before me. All glory to you, O LORD God Almighty! I praise and thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Worship the Lord in spirit and in truth. Believe that He is right there, hearing what You have to say. O Lord, You are all I need, without You we are nothing at all.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. —Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... No matter how hard we try to perceive...
Replies
1
Views
282
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
83
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,043
Messages
16,794,677
Members
649,602
Latest member
Slohold

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom