Today's Verse - Isaiah 30:18 (KJV)

And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

—Isaiah 30:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


God is slow to exercise his justice when that justice demands his people's punishment. "Gracious and slow to anger" is a phrase repeatedly used to describe God in the Old Testament in relationship to his people. God longs to be gracious and bless his people. He extends the time for us to have opportunities to repent and turn to him. In Jesus, God even gave us his own Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins so we could have the opportunity to come home to him. Let's hear the heart of God and respond by turning our lives and hearts to our Father in heaven, who loves us and longs for us to come home to him!

Video Commentary...​



ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos


My Prayer...​


Almighty God and Abba Father, how can I ever thank you for your love and mercy demonstrated so overwhelmingly in the sacrifice of your Son for my sin? Please forgive me for those times when I have not intentionally and wholeheartedly shown my appreciation for your grace. I deeply appreciate your graciousness toward me. Please perfect me by your Spirit just as you have forgiven and cleansed me by your grace. In Jesus' name, I thank you for being my gracious heavenly Father. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us. —Isaiah 33:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we think about God as our Judge, we normally think of falling under judgment and receiving punishment. Isaiah reminds us that God's being our Judge...
Replies
1
Views
106
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
83
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,067
Messages
16,794,911
Members
649,621
Latest member
Tyroularinsor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom