Today's Verse - Isaiah 2:22 (KJV)

Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

—Isaiah 2:22 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"If only I had a friend."

"If only my father hadn't left."

"If only she was more supportive."

"If only..."

Even though we know deep down that people can and will often fail us, we still pin so many of our hopes on them — or excuse our failure on not having the right ones of them in our lives. However, people are fallible and mortal, just like we are. So, while we are involved in other people's lives and we're connected to other believers in Jesus, let's also remember to keep our hopes connected to the Son of God, who "destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light" (2 Timothy 2:11) and who will never leave or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6; Romans 8:37-39).

My Prayer...​


Dear Father, please forgive me when I have pinned my well-being and happiness on being accepted by a particular group of people or supported by another special person. Even more, dear Father, I ask for your forgiveness for excusing my weaknesses and for strength to overcome my bitterness because I blamed you for not having the right people in my life. I know my only lasting hope is in Jesus. So, I pray this in the name of the always faithful, LORD Jesus. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

—Isaiah 2:22 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"If only I had a friend."

"If only my father hadn't left."

"If only she was more supportive."

"If only..."

Even though we know deep down that people can and will often fail us, we still pin so many of our hopes on them — or excuse our failure on not having the right ones of them in our lives. However, people are fallible and mortal, just like we are. So, while we are involved in other people's lives and we're connected to other believers in Jesus, let's also remember to keep our hopes connected to the Son of God, who "destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light" (2 Timothy 2:11) and who will never leave or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6; Romans 8:37-39).

My Prayer...​


Dear Father, please forgive me when I have pinned my well-being and happiness on being accepted by a particular group of people or supported by another special person. Even more, dear Father, I ask for your forgiveness for excusing my weaknesses and for strength to overcome my bitterness because I blamed you for not having the right people in my life. I know my only lasting hope is in Jesus. So, I pray this in the name of the always faithful, LORD Jesus. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
I am ceasing from any mortal person and stick with Jesus promises and love for me. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us. —Isaiah 33:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we think about God as our Judge, we normally think of falling under judgment and receiving punishment. Isaiah reminds us that God's being our Judge...
Replies
1
Views
107
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
88
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
93
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,876
Messages
16,816,044
Members
651,056
Latest member
Ashudell

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom