Today's Verse - Hebrews 11:13 (KJV)

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

—Hebrews 11:13 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


I'm not good at waiting for much of anything. I'm like the kids who have seen the ads for Christmas toys, are anxious for the big gift day, and begin to tell everyone what they want for Christmas. God does have the "Greatest Gift Day" ahead for us. On that wonderful day, all our waiting will be over, and our faith will become sight. But we grow tired of waiting. We can easily worry about what we don't have or how we have been treated. The evil one wants to discourage us and smother out our faith. So, let's follow the example of these great heroes of faith in Hebrews 11:1-40. Let's anticipate and welcome our "Greatest Gift Day" from afar, not letting our apparent circumstances dampen our spirits, weaken our faith, or stop our praise to God for our coming victory through Jesus Christ.

My Prayer...​


Victorious King, Ruler of the Ages, I praise you for the resurrection ahead for me. Thank you in advance for the day I get to see you face-to-face and join the grand celebration of heaven. Thank you for the great heroes of faith in Hebrews 11, who are examples of faith that endures despite negative circumstances and hard times. I will keep praising you and believing in your goodness until I see that "Greatest Gift Day"! As I wait, please use me to help others anticipate our great victory and overwhelming joy. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. —Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While the road ahead of us may be clouded with questions and concerns, we can look back and see the many ways God has acted on our behalf in the past to get us to...
Replies
0
Views
137
  • Article Article
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. —Hebrews 10:35-36 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some tough times come with living. They're inescapable...
Replies
0
Views
84
  • Article Article
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. —Hebrews 10:30-31 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates injustice, unfairness...
Replies
0
Views
85
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,989
Messages
16,817,240
Members
651,117
Latest member
Whiahaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom