Today's Verse - Genesis 2:24 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Genesis 2:24 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

We are different! God makes us male and female so we can be complements of each other. Each of us, male or female, is made in God's image. God intends that a husband and wife find their primary intimate human relationship with the other. They still honor their parents, but their home is with each other. Their two lives become one. They know each other intimately and share that intimacy across many facets of their lives. In this context of lifetime security and commitment, they share in the intimate knowledge of each other sexually — becoming "one flesh" and fully knowing each other deeply. This relationship is to be enjoyed (Proverbs 5), protected (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8), and celebrated (Song of Solomon) for life (Matthew 19:6).

My Prayer...​

Holy and Almighty Father, please bless me with the strength to live with integrity, faithfulness, and purity in today's sexually charged world. Please use your Spirit and your Word to instruct, correct, and convict me as I seek to discover your truth for my relationships and celebrate your will for my sexuality only with the person you have called me to honor with my life in marriage. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. —Genesis 1:27 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We were made in God's image. Not just the man, the male. Not just the woman, the female. Both males and females are made in God's image...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication. —1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sanctified sounds "churchy" and old-fashioned to many people today. However, sanctified is a powerful God-fashioned word that means to make...
Replies
Views
  • Article
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Effort, sweat, and dedication seem to have become the profanity of Western Christianity...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. —Romans 3:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... No matter how hard we try, how good we are, or how much we work, we can never measure up to the only...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom