Today's Verse - Galatians 5:1 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

We have been set free! Christ Jesus has delivered us from law, sin, and death through God's grace and our faith in him (Romans 8:1-4). We have been set free from trying to be justified by our adherence to the law. We now serve God out of our thankfulness for his grace, empowered by the Holy Spirit to share in the salvation that Jesus has poured out upon us (Titus 3:3-7). So how will we use this freedom? We must now allow ourselves to be "burdened again by a yoke of slavery" to sin or law-keeping! Instead, we live by the power of the Holy Spirit so we can be transformed to become more and more like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 5:22-25) as we fulfill the "righteous requirement of the law" as we "do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit" (Romans 8:4).

My Prayer...​

God of freedom and grace, please empower me with the Holy Spirit so I may fully understand and live in holiness as I live into the freedom you have given me. Please use me to share your grace and blessings with my friends and family through the power of the Spirit. May I never take for granted the gift of my freedom won at such a great cost. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law... —Galatians 4:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Wow! What a rich passage loaded with many wonderfully challenging ideas. God made history ready for the Savior, then sent his Son as that...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. —Galatians 3:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Galatians repeatedly reminds us that no law can make us righteous or save us, not even the Old Testament Law. However, the law (Torah) does...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree. —Galatians 3:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Cursed! Not just in the sense that he was mocked and his detractors cursed at him, but in the sense...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom