Today's Verse - Galatians 4:19 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you...

Galatians 4:19 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians 1:28-29). He knew the Holy Spirit would help them in this process if they would focus their hearts on Jesus and seek to reflect Jesus' character in their lives (2 Corinthians 3:18). So, as we go through our daily activities, let's honor Paul's goal — let's invite Jesus to come to life in us and bring us to full maturity of his likeness.

We've included Phil's ToGather video from four years ago as an added blessing to our verse today.

Video Commentary...​

ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos

My Prayer...​

Holy and Righteous God, may the presence of Jesus increase in me so I can display more of Jesus in my life. At the same time, dear Father, I want my attitude, behavior, and speech to escape the warped ways of our broken world. May this be true today, but even more, dear Father, may it be more clearly seen each day. In the name of my Savior and goal, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. —Colossians 4:5-6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus warned us that we will answer to God for every idle word we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. —Luke 3:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God spoke these wonderful words to his Son when Jesus was baptized. God feels the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. —Genesis 3:15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's words are his curse upon the serpent who tempted and lured Eve and Adam to sin. Satan is the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom