Today's Verse - Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

—Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


As a child, I loved to receive gifts. In such a simple time, a gift meant I was loved. I didn't worry about the significance or hidden message in a gift. I wasn't concerned about the "strings attached" to the gift. It was just a gift — a free expression of love I didn't deserve, given to me by someone who truly cared for me. Isn't it great to get to be God's child and receive his gifts and know we can receive the gift of salvation through faith as a child — a gift given as an expression of God's great love for us — a gift we didn't deserve but freely given because of God's desire to provide it despite its cost!

My Prayer...​


Thank you, generous Father, for the gift of grace, the gift of faith, the gift of salvation, and most of all, the gift of Jesus. I can never repay these gifts, but I look forward to saying "Thank you!" I want to say "Thank you!" through now my lifestyle and "Thank you!" to you through all eternity because of your extravagant gifts. In Jesus' name, I thank and praise you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God. —Ephesians 2:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Those of us who have been Christians a long time sometimes forget that we have no claim or right to the grace that we...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. —Ephesians 2:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The Psalmist reminded us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, and that God created us with something...
Replies
0
Views
104
  • Article Article
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: —Ephesians 5:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our before and after: we were lost, now found; we were darkness, now light. This should be our journey of grace. "I once was lost, but now I'm found...
Replies
0
Views
82
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,184
Messages
16,819,886
Members
651,233
Latest member
Gloimond

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom