Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
—Deuteronomy 13:4 (KJV)
So many people want us to follow their lead, validate their choices, approve of their opinions, and follow their voice. Only God alone has proved himself faithful and loving through the ages, worthy of our devotion as we follow and obey him. In his might, he is to be revered. But rather than seeing reverence only as a "church thing," Moses reminds us that reverence is also a daily "life thing." We are to obey and keep God's commandments. We are to serve him and depend upon him in our daily lives. We are to worship God in the way we live each day. Rather than just silence in the worship assembly, reverence must also be a committed action in our daily lives as we follow the LORD's guidance and obey his commands, while we serve others to God's glory!
ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos
Holy and Righteous Father, please help me take my worship beyond the church building and into my day-to-day life, as I try to live what I sing, practice what I say, and pursue what I pray. In Jesus' name, I ask you to demonstrate your grace as I serve others to your glory in my day-to-day living. Amen.
All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
Continue reading...
—Deuteronomy 13:4 (KJV)
Thoughts on Today's Verse...
So many people want us to follow their lead, validate their choices, approve of their opinions, and follow their voice. Only God alone has proved himself faithful and loving through the ages, worthy of our devotion as we follow and obey him. In his might, he is to be revered. But rather than seeing reverence only as a "church thing," Moses reminds us that reverence is also a daily "life thing." We are to obey and keep God's commandments. We are to serve him and depend upon him in our daily lives. We are to worship God in the way we live each day. Rather than just silence in the worship assembly, reverence must also be a committed action in our daily lives as we follow the LORD's guidance and obey his commands, while we serve others to God's glory!
Video Commentary...
ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos
My Prayer...
Holy and Righteous Father, please help me take my worship beyond the church building and into my day-to-day life, as I try to live what I sing, practice what I say, and pursue what I pray. In Jesus' name, I ask you to demonstrate your grace as I serve others to your glory in my day-to-day living. Amen.
All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
Continue reading...
