Today's Verse - Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus is our LORD, and our LORD, Jesus is our center! He is the hub around which we turn. Rather than trying to add Jesus to our other priorities, Scripture reminds us that he alone is LORD (Exodus 3:1-6; John 20:28; Titus 2:13). Rather than trying to add to the truth of Jesus, we must learn to accept it and trust it in child-like faith, a child-like faith that must be nourished and grown through obedience and godliness (2 Peter 1:3-11, 3:18). As Jesus remains our central focus and our hearts remain thankful to God for his grace, our faith will be strengthened, our thankfulness grown, and we will be transformed to be more like him each day by the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 5:22-23).

My Prayer...​

Holy and Righteous God, please give me eyes to see and avoid evil. Please give me the wisdom to know deceptive and false teachings when placed before me. Empower me to live a thankful life of holiness rooted in Jesus as my LORD and overflowing with thankfulness. I pray to honor and exalt Jesus as LORD to the glory of God the Father and in the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus is our LORD, and our LORD, Jesus is our center! He is the hub around which we turn. Rather than trying to add Jesus to our other priorities, Scripture reminds us that he alone is LORD (Exodus 3:1-6; John 20:28; Titus 2:13). Rather than trying to add to the truth of Jesus, we must learn to accept it and trust it in child-like faith, a child-like faith that must be nourished and grown through obedience and godliness (2 Peter 1:3-11, 3:18). As Jesus remains our central focus and our hearts remain thankful to God for his grace, our faith will be strengthened, our thankfulness grown, and we will be transformed to be more like him each day by the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 5:22-23).

My Prayer...​

Holy and Righteous God, please give me eyes to see and avoid evil. Please give me the wisdom to know deceptive and false teachings when placed before me. Empower me to live a thankful life of holiness rooted in Jesus as my LORD and overflowing with thankfulness. I pray to honor and exalt Jesus as LORD to the glory of God the Father and in the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. —Colossians 4:5-6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus warned us that we will answer to God for every idle word we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. —Galatians 4:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The first vocalizations of many babies are the syllables "ab-ba, ab-ba, ab-ba." Not surprisingly, in Jesus' day, abba was the tender...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering. —Colossians 3:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What an incredible thought! We are dearly loved as God's chosen and holy children. No wonder God calls us to a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom