Today's Verse - Colossians 1:9 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Colossians 1:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Paul wrote these words to the Christians at Colossae, but he had never been there. Despite his lack of "in-person" knowledge of them, he ministered effectively to them. He prayed specifically for them to better know God and his will. He assured them that they received the complete message of the gospel of Jesus when Epaphras preached it to them (Colossians 1:7, 4:12). What a great idea! Let's find a mission church (inner city, overseas, or planted in a hostile environment) and pray consistently for that congregation, asking God to help them know him, know his will more perfectly, and reassure them of his love for them.

My Prayer...​

Holy and all-powerful God, bless my church family with a deeper knowledge and appreciation of your nature, character, and grace. In addition, please bless mission churches and those working with them (add your mission church of choice). Bless them with growth, health, assurance, and, most of all, knowledge of you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Colossians 1:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Paul wrote these words to the Christians at Colossae, but he had never been there. Despite his lack of "in-person" knowledge of them, he ministered effectively to them. He prayed specifically for them to better know God and his will. He assured them that they received the complete message of the gospel of Jesus when Epaphras preached it to them (Colossians 1:7, 4:12). What a great idea! Let's find a mission church (inner city, overseas, or planted in a hostile environment) and pray consistently for that congregation, asking God to help them know him, know his will more perfectly, and reassure them of his love for them.

My Prayer...​

Holy and all-powerful God, bless my church family with a deeper knowledge and appreciation of your nature, character, and grace. In addition, please bless mission churches and those working with them (add your mission church of choice). Bless them with growth, health, assurance, and, most of all, knowledge of you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Full of the presence of the Lord in our life will make us all happy and full of peace in our hearts. I shall forever give praise to Him who has given us knowledge of His word and a will to follow Him all the way to heaven.

Similar Requests

• Article
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ... —Romans 5:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The cost of peace is always high. Jesus' enormous sacrifice purchased our peace with God. God made sure the price for our rebellion was paid, but he...
Replies
Views
  • Article
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. —Ephesians 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Ephesians and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom