Today's Verse - Colossians 1:28 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:28 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

The life of Jesus is transformational. The resurrection of Jesus is transformational. The Gospel of Jesus is transformational. Jesus' gift of the Spirit is transformational. The proclamation of Jesus is transformational. The work of Jesus is transformational. I believe you get the idea. Jesus is the key, the center, the hub, and the heart of what we do and why we do it. Paul also reminds us that Jesus Christ is our goal — he's the perfection we seek. As Jesus' disciples, we want to become like him (Luke 6:40). The Holy Spirit is at work in us, helping us display his character in our lives each day (Galatians 5:22-25, 4:19) until we are fully transformed to be like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18). Let's seek, proclaim, and become like Jesus!

My Prayer...​

Dear Father, please forgive me. In my zeal to help others, I have sometimes lost sight of Jesus' power to change their lives and relied on my own meager resources, understanding, and influence. As I seek to know Christ more perfectly and be like Christ more fully, please use me to lead others to him so they can become like him, too. I pray in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ, the name above all names and my life's goal. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

The life of Jesus is transformational. The resurrection of Jesus is transformational. The Gospel of Jesus is transformational. Jesus' gift of the Spirit is transformational. The proclamation of Jesus is transformational. The work of Jesus is transformational. I believe you get the idea. Jesus is the key, the center, the hub, and the heart of what we do and why we do it. Paul also reminds us that Jesus Christ is our goal — he's the perfection we seek. As Jesus' disciples, we want to become like him (Luke 6:40). The Holy Spirit is at work in us, helping us display his character in our lives each day (Galatians 5:22-25, 4:19) until we are fully transformed to be like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18). Let's seek, proclaim, and become like Jesus!

My Prayer...​

Dear Father, please forgive me. In my zeal to help others, I have sometimes lost sight of Jesus' power to change their lives and relied on my own meager resources, understanding, and influence. As I seek to know Christ more perfectly and be like Christ more fully, please use me to lead others to him so they can become like him, too. I pray in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ, the name above all names and my life's goal. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Let us all live a life that pleases the Lord. Be ye therefore perfect, even as Your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

My Prayer...​

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man. —John 2:24-25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus knows people. He especially knew the crowd and how fickle and selfish people often can be. Jesus did not minister to people, heal the broken, or teach the truth...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering. —Colossians 3:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What an incredible thought! We are dearly loved as God's chosen and holy children. No wonder God calls us to a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. —2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Transformed ... with ever-increasing glory." In other words, it's an...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom