Today's Verse - 2 Corinthians 11:30 (KJV)

If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

—2 Corinthians 11:30 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


One of Paul's recurring themes throughout 2 Corinthians is that God's strength is made perfect in weakness. In 1 Corinthians, he emphasized that the strength, wisdom, and power of God are shown in what is normally a sign of weakness and humiliation — the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18-2:5). Paul wasn't a wimp — remember all that he endured and kept on serving the LORD (2 Corinthians 11:24-27). He just knew that even with all his training and talent, he wasn't skilled, smart, or strong enough to do all that needed to be done for the Kingdom of God. As folks compared him with those who were supposed to be stronger and better teachers, he didn't try to outdo them with his credentials — even though he could. Instead, Paul knew that when we recognize our insufficiency, God takes our weakness and uses it powerfully when we offer ourselves to him. Our lives must show that the "all-surpassing power" for ministry "is from God and not from us" (2 Corinthians 4:7).

My Prayer...​


Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all those times you have strengthened me when I was under trial, given me wisdom in difficult situations, empowered me when I faced hardships, and used me mightily in opportunities greater than my ability to handle. I recognize that you saved and sustained me by Your grace so that I can serve in ways better beyond my natural abilities. Your glory and power enabled this to happen, so I praise and thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. —2 Corinthians 13:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I have a friend in Jesus who has taught me the power of sharing a spiritual blessing with others. We share a conviction...
Replies
0
Views
80
  • Article Article
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. —2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a world so full of distractions and temptations, purity is difficult. Even...
Replies
0
Views
153
  • Article Article
But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth. —2 Corinthians 10:17-18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in a world with skewed values, false promises, lust for notoriety, and desperation for fleeting...
Replies
0
Views
122
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,991
Messages
16,817,339
Members
651,117
Latest member
Whiahaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom