Today's Verse - 1 Timothy 6:18 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate.

1 Timothy 6:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

For many of us, this time of year is a beautiful time of giving and receiving gifts, giving thanks, and experiencing the joy of generosity. After all, generosity is wonderful — not just to those on the receiving end but also to those on the giving end. This makes Paul's words to Timothy especially impactful to us today. Most of us who can read this devotional on the web, via email, on an app, on the radio, or through social networks are rich by the world's standards. That makes this passage on being generous with our blessings especially applicable. Let this gift-giving time of the year be God's opportunity to reawaken the need to be generous with our time, energy, and monetary blessings, not just now but year-round!

My Prayer...​

O loving God, you have been so generous with me and blessed me with so many incredible blessings. Thank you! Stir my heart an awareness of the joy of giving. Make my heart more like your own — generous and gracious. Break down the anxiety and miserliness that sometimes cloud my vision and keep me from sharing my time, money, energy, and love as I should. Thank you for showing me how to be generous through Jesus' life and example. I pray this in the name of Jesus, my Savior and LORD. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate.

For many of us, this time of year is a beautiful time of giving and receiving gifts, giving thanks, and experiencing the joy of generosity. After all, generosity is wonderful — not just to those on the receiving end but also to those on the giving end. This makes Paul's words to Timothy especially impactful to us today. Most of us who can read this devotional on the web, via email, on an app, on the radio, or through social networks are rich by the world's standards. That makes this passage on being generous with our blessings especially applicable. Let this gift-giving time of the year be God's opportunity to reawaken the need to be generous with our time, energy, and monetary blessings, not just now but year-round!

My Prayer...​

O loving God, you have been so generous with me and blessed me with so many incredible blessings. Thank you! Stir my heart an awareness of the joy of giving. Make my heart more like your own — generous and gracious. Break down the anxiety and miserliness that sometimes cloud my vision and keep me from sharing my time, money, energy, and love as I should. Thank you for showing me how to be generous through Jesus' life and example. I pray this in the name of Jesus, my Savior and LORD. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Yes, we want to be like Jesus, sharing the Good News of Gods word, doing good works like healing the sick, praying for the needs of others and helping the poor and needy.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

My Prayer...​

Continue reading...
Come and fill our hearts with wisdom from heaven so we will obey Your word o Lord. We need You today and will need You forever. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands. —Deuteronomy 24:19 (KJV)...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. —Proverbs 1:29,31 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sometimes, the natural consequence of rebellion is its own justice. God gives us up to what we want and pursue, letting us reap the consequences...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. —Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As a child, I loved to receive gifts. In such a simple time, a gift meant I was loved. I didn't worry about...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness ... —2 Corinthians 9:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God has blessed us so much in Jesus. He has given us his grace, his mercy, his...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom