Today's Verse - 1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

"Be diligent!" That's not a phrase, a command you hear much about these days. We want things to come easily. Sweat in the world of pseudo-faith is frowned upon. But Paul wanted Timothy (and us) to know that maturity in Christ requires genuine effort — as Paul said, "give yourself wholly to them" and "persevere in them." Having a redemptive influence on others is hard work. While it is God's power that transforms, our efforts are also required if others are going to see our progress and follow our examples. God assures us that our efforts will bear fruit in our lives and lead others to salvation.

My Prayer...​

Abba Father, please stir my confidence, courage, diligence, and determination so that I can share the salvation you have lavished on me can be shared with others through my teaching and my example. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

"Be diligent!" That's not a phrase, a command you hear much about these days. We want things to come easily. Sweat in the world of pseudo-faith is frowned upon. But Paul wanted Timothy (and us) to know that maturity in Christ requires genuine effort — as Paul said, "give yourself wholly to them" and "persevere in them." Having a redemptive influence on others is hard work. While it is God's power that transforms, our efforts are also required if others are going to see our progress and follow our examples. God assures us that our efforts will bear fruit in our lives and lead others to salvation.

My Prayer...​

Abba Father, please stir my confidence, courage, diligence, and determination so that I can share the salvation you have lavished on me can be shared with others through my teaching and my example. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Effort, sweat, and dedication seem to have become the profanity of Western Christianity...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom