Today's Verse - 1 John 4:21 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 John 4:21 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the LORD and in our families are just downright hard to love because they can be so difficult. But, we need to remember who we were when Christ died for us —powerless, ungodly, sinners, and enemiesof God (Romans 5:6-11). Yet God loved us and sent Jesus to save us even when we weren't deserving. So before we whine about our "hard-to-live-with" fellow believers, we had better give thanks that God loved us when we were "hard-to-love" sinners. Then, we need to thank God for his grace by being more loving with each other.

My Prayer...​

Almighty God, please give me the strength, compassion, and courage to love my fellow Christians as you have loved me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

16Rejoice always. 17Pray without ceasing. 18In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Effort, sweat, and dedication seem to have become the profanity of Western Christianity...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom