Today's Verse - 1 John 4:19 (KJV)

We love him, because he first loved us.

—1 John 4:19 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


As human beings, we like to think of ourselves as the center of our universe. We determine the greatness or validity of most things around us based on their impact on us. Some of us even consider ourselves great adventurers, inventors, and investigators. However, in our most important quest, we did not act first; God did. He loved us sacrificially. He loved us personally. God loved us first. Our love is a response to his grace of going first with love. Our love is simply sharing with others what has been lavished upon us. We love because he loved us first.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God and Abba Father, I that I don't fully understand the fullness of your love, but I know that you have blessed me with it in ways I could not have imagined. So please, dear Father, help me remember your great love for me when I am faced with temptation, led to doubt your grace, or wonder about my worthiness. I want your love to be reflected in my daily life. Thank you for loving me so completely. Thank you for loving me sacrificially. Thank you for loving me when I was a sinner and alienated from you. Most of all, thanks for loving first! In Jesus' name, I praise you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
We love him, because he first loved us. —1 John 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It's all very simple. God is love (1 John 4:7-8). He is love's origin, example, and architect. I love because God loved me first. I know how to love because he has demonstrated it in Jesus. I can love...
Replies
0
Views
269
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
98
  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
83
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,743
Messages
16,814,491
Members
650,988
Latest member
Krauhold

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom