Today's Verse - 1 John 1:7 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 1:7 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

As we draw near to the LORD and live for him, two incredible blessings come our way. First, we find that our sins are forgiven, and we're cleansed of those sins thanks to the loving sacrifice of Jesus. Second, we discover we are not alone in this forgiveness and cleansing. Our brothers and sisters in Christ also share in this cleansing. True fellowship among believers is built when folks seeking the LORD find each other in his presence (1 John 1:1-4). This fellowship isn't forced or contrived, just heavenly. We may not live perfectly every moment for the rest of our lives, but we live as forgiven and pure children of God when we walk with him openly and honestly without hiding our struggles or sins (1 John 1:5-7; Colossians 1:22-23).

My Prayer...​

Almighty and holy God, I want to honor Jesus' sacrificial death by living a pure, honorable, and holy life. Thank you for providing my cleansing through Jesus' blood and leading me to others who live for him. Please intensify my hunger to know you, experience your Son's presence in my life, and share in fellowship with other believers more. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. —1 John 3:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 3:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... There is only one foundation on which the Church and the Christian life can be built. That foundation is Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:4-7; Ephesians 2:20). He is the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. —1 John 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. —John 1:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... These words are profound... what they mean for us is extraordinary and mind-blowing! Jesus is the Word, the one who was with God in the beginning and was God before...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. —Titus 1:15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Rust stains, grass stains, blood stains, chocolate stains. ARGH! Those stains are real nightmares in...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom