Today's Verse - 1 Corinthians 9:27 (KJV)

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

—1 Corinthians 9:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"Practice what you preach!"

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day."

"Put your life where your mouth is!"

Each statement has the same goal: following God's will and living under Jesus' Lordship led by the Spirit without hypocrisy and with dedicated faithfulness. Those of us who speak out most openly about our faith in Jesus also need to ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the same standard we call others to follow. Self-scrutiny and a brother or sister in Christ who holds us accountable and encourages us when we are discouraged are essential if we are going to live faithfully what we say we believe. Like Paul who gave us this challenging verse, let's prepare to live for Jesus like an athlete prepares to compete in the Olympic Games.

Video Commentary...​


ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos

My Prayer...​


Father in Heaven, please help me with the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit within me. I want my walk with Jesus to be consistent with my talk about him and what I say I believe. May my talk and walk always be pleasing to you, a blessing to others, and an honor to my LORD Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
110
  • Article Article
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. —1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Power! We love power. We love the sound and fury of power. We love the power's ability to bring positive change to...
Replies
0
Views
237
  • Article Article
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. —1 Corinthians 1:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If people...
Replies
0
Views
144
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,989
Messages
16,817,240
Members
651,117
Latest member
Whiahaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom