For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

—1 Corinthians 9:19 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Grace frees us from the law of sin and death. But, our freedom is not to be used for rebellion or for self-gratification. Instead, we are to use our freedom redemptively, just as Jesus did (cf. Philippians 2:5-11). We can voluntarily limit that freedom to help others still caught in bondage to sin and false ideas about God. We can use the freedom of the Spirit to be transformed to be like Christ (2 Corinthians 3:17-18). Let's use our freedom to rejoice and to bless.

My Prayer...

Thank you, great and mighty LORD, for setting me free by your grace. I know, dear Father, that this gift was given to me at great cost — the humiliating torture, death, and burial of your Son, Jesus Christ. So use me, dear Father, to bless others who have not yet found their deliverance and freedom in Jesus. I pray this in the name of my Savior, Jesus. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
JBuWqD8z0Vs


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
108
  • Article Article
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. —1 Corinthians 1:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If people...
Replies
0
Views
143
  • Article Article
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also...
Replies
0
Views
222
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,826
Messages
16,781,247
Members
648,386
Latest member
Searon

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom