Today's Verse - 1 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV)

But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

—1 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Paul was careful not to take support from the Corinthians even though it was his right as a minister of the Gospel. Instead, he knew their problems with generosity and showed them a greater example of living for Jesus without obvious and instant rewards. Often, we must show our values before others share them with us. Paul was a master at reading the needs around him and living in a way that was an example. He then would call them to follow his example as he followed the example of Christ (1 Corinthians 4:16, 11:1). By not receiving support for his ministry, Paul demonstrated to them that they needed to make a living with their own hands and be responsible (1 Corinthians 4:12; 1 Thessalonians 4:11). Let's commit to following Paul's example and live with integrity before others.

My Prayer...​


Father God and Almighty LORD, please give me the courage and integrity to live my principles in a way that is a blessing and an example to others. Bless me, dear Father, with a life that makes a mark on others for your glory. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. —1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The Holy Spirit is God's abiding gift, God's seal, our anointing, and...
Replies
0
Views
68
  • Article Article
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
110
  • Article Article
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also...
Replies
0
Views
228
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,003
Messages
16,817,726
Members
651,124
Latest member
Haluithiortor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom