'The Hard Truth about Hearing' - Mark 4:25

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued,] "To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them."

Mark 4:25 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus wants us to know that as we apply ourselves to listening to him, he is still active in communication. He will help us understand more! But, we must be open to his teaching. We must be willing to listen, hear, and apply his message to our lives. But if we are sloppy, disinterested, or hard-hearted toward the message of Jesus, what little we understand will be stripped away from us. There is an urgency to our hearing the Master. Two raindrops can land inches apart on either side of the Western Continental Divide in the U.S., and one will ultimately end up in the Pacific Ocean and the other in the Atlantic Ocean. Listeners to Jesus' message can also end up oceans apart based upon their desires to be open to his teaching. We have a tremendous responsibility and opportunity to listen to Jesus! Our commitment to doing so greatly determines the ultimate destination of our lives.

Today's Prayer​

O Father God, LORD of heaven and earth, help me hear. Even more, dear Father, create in me a hunger for hearing the truth of Jesus. Open my heart to your Son's message. Strip from me the barriers that would keep me from being attentive. I want my life to be shaped by the words of your Son. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Right away a woman who had heard about [Jesus] came and fell at his feet. Her little girl was possessed by an evil spirit, and she begged him to cast out the demon from her daughter. Since she was a Gentile, born in Syrian Phoenicia, ... —Mark 7:25-26 NLT Key Thought Are we too proud to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand." Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given — and you will receive even more." —Mark 4:23-24 NLT Key Thought If yesterday's message that one...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And then [Jesus] added, "It is what comes from inside that defiles you." —Mark 7:20 NLT Key Thought Wow! What a powerful message in today's world where people deliberately expose themselves to so many forms of hurtful images and thoughts. Jesus stressed the importance of being pure — not just...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus said the large crowd needed something to eat, his] disciples replied, "How are we supposed to find enough food to feed them out here in the wilderness?" —Mark 8:4 NLT Key Thought Jesus' followers were basically saying that they didn't have the resources to meet the needs of the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom