'More Understanding for the Listener' - Mark 4:23-24

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued,] "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."
Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given — and you will receive even more."

Mark 4:23-24 NLT

Key Thought​

If yesterday's message that one day we will be able to understand all the truth about the Kingdom was intended to comfort us, today's message is meant to motivate us. We must earnestly, attentively, pursue the truth of Jesus. The only way to do so is by paying close attention to what he says! That means reacquainting ourselves with the Gospels and focusing on Jesus' words. Only as we apply ourselves to listening to our Master will we be able to grow in our ability to perceive, to understand, and to know the full will of our Savior. The old RCA Victor logo had a picture of a dog listening attentively at the "speaker" of a gramophone with the title "His Master's Voice." Jesus is saying to us that we must have our ears attuned to Scripture and listen attentively for our Master's voice!

Today's Prayer​

Father in heaven, help me as I try to be more disciplined and attentive to the words of your Son and my Savior. I want to know Jesus' truth by studying his life and words, understanding them, and putting them into practice. Mold me and make me into a person more like my LORD as I listen for his voice. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus continued,] "To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them." —Mark 4:25 NLT Key Thought Jesus wants us to know that as we apply ourselves to listening to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Later, when Jesus was alone with the twelve disciples and with the others who were gathered around, they asked him what the parables meant. He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secret of the Kingdom of God. But I use parables for everything I say to outsiders, ..." —Mark 4:10-11...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus woke up [in the storm-tossed boat], he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. —Mark 4:39 NLT Key Thought "'Silence! Be still!' ... and there was a great calm." Just as in that terrifying storm for the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One Sabbath day as Jesus was walking through some grainfields, his disciples began breaking off heads of grain to eat. But the Pharisees said to Jesus, "Look, why are they breaking the law by harvesting grain on the Sabbath?" —Mark 2:23-24 NLT Key Thought Some people watch others who are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!" —Mark 1:23-24 NLT Key Thought One of the things that we will see again and again in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom