Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Matthew Henry, a well known bible teacher once said, he was robbed. While making an entry into his journal he said about thanksgiving.
First I am thankful I was never robbed before.
Secondly I am thankful they only took my wallet and they didn't take my life.
Thirdly I am thankful because they took my all but it wasn't very much.
And fourth, I was robbed but it wasn't I who robbed.
It is a matter of perspective. A matter of choice. Be thankful in ALL things! When we add thanksgiving everything changes. In 1 Thessalonians 5:18 it states "in everything give thanks for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus for you".
My husband was badly burned at work years ago from his waist down from a vehicle radiator exploding. He endured very agonizing pain and skin graft surgery on both legs. He was in the hospital for over 2 weeks and then months of recovery. From the start, both of us were so very grateful that it didn't burn his face or arms. The radiator fluid didn't get into his lungs like they thought it did or burn his eyes. We both knew he was hurt bad but it could have been so much worse. He was able to use his arms to pull himself up which he wouldn't have been able to do if they were burned. He wasn't disfigured on his face or chest or had loss of his eye sight or worse yet, chemically burned his lungs. We were so overly grateful that God at least protected him with this that our thankfulness was a catalyst for sharing God with everyone we came into contact with. God used this horrible accident my husband went through to share with all the people he worked with and our families and they saw Jesus in us. It also brought us closer together from the months I had to care for him and keeping him free from infection. Praise God that he is healed completely but has the scars on his legs still. If there is no difference in how we react to tragedies than an unbeliever - how is God honored? God is good ALL the time!

Matthew Henry, a well known bible teacher once said, he was robbed. While making an entry into his journal he said about thanksgiving.
It is a matter of perspective. A matter of choice. Be thankful in ALL things! When we add thanksgiving everything changes. In 1 Thessalonians 5:18 it states "in everything give thanks for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus for you".
My husband was badly burned at work years ago from his waist down from a vehicle radiator exploding. He endured very agonizing pain and skin graft surgery on both legs. He was in the hospital for over 2 weeks and then months of recovery. From the start, both of us were so very grateful that it didn't burn his face or arms. The radiator fluid didn't get into his lungs like they thought it did or burn his eyes. We both knew he was hurt bad but it could have been so much worse. He was able to use his arms to pull himself up which he wouldn't have been able to do if they were burned. He wasn't disfigured on his face or chest or had loss of his eye sight or worse yet, chemically burned his lungs. We were so overly grateful that God at least protected him with this that our thankfulness was a catalyst for sharing God with everyone we came into contact with. God used this horrible accident my husband went through to share with all the people he worked with and our families and they saw Jesus in us. It also brought us closer together from the months I had to care for him and keeping him free from infection. Praise God that he is healed completely but has the scars on his legs still. If there is no difference in how we react to tragedies than an unbeliever - how is God honored? God is good ALL the time!
Thank you sister for sharing. Gratitude is so important. Especially in difficult situations like yours and your husband. ❤

Let us all keep our eyes open to every single blessing Jesus sends our way. His mercy and compassion never ever failed on those who believe and trust His word. The man or woman who forgets to be thankful has a life full of trouble and worry. Only Jesus can take all burdens away from your heart when you start thanking the Lord for everything He has done for you. Do not take for granted those whonderful things God sends your way.

I ask for thankfulness to sweep across the nation so people can count their blessings

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Thank you Jesus for healing me from cancer. When the doctors told me that I have a year to live, I was so worry and sad. I fasted and prayed to Jesus, heal me o Lord and I will serve You all the days of my life. Jesus heard from heaven and healed me. Now Covid 19 has come. People are dying everywhere. There is no cure for it yet. Call on the Lord who is worthy of all glory. His mercy, compassion and care shall come to you and those you care and love.

Similar Requests

• Article
To The Cities That Have Ears To Hear: It's all a matter of belief... God is neither confused about His Word, nor does His Word cause confusion. For those who have ears to hear (willing to receive with understanding), God’s Word is crystal clear. If at any time clarity is needed, He invites...
Replies
Views
Heavenly father, I did think of a way to get my life back and I wouldn't be dependent upon myself but you. 7 times what he stole from you "if caught' If you catch them stealing and poisoning me because I am mostly blind but I will do my best to work with you on my repentance. Catch them...
Replies
Views
A friend of mine Jeff Thomsen has cancer in his lungs, spine, liver and brain. He doesn't know all of the exact details as of yet but he has an appointment to go over everything. Another friend of mine just found out that her daughter Tonya Powell has breast cancer she has surgery on Thursday to...
Replies
Views
God, Thank you for this day. God, I wanna say Happy Easter to all. God, Jesus has risen. God, Thank you for the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit in my life, my sons and daughters life, my childrens life, my brothers and sisters life, my family and relatives life, and our friends life, who...
Replies
Views
I know I posted in February that the man I'm in love with finally said he loves me . It was just in Facebook comments & he hasn't said it again or asked me out yet, but he has gotten more flirty, initiated more conversations, & not wanted conversations to end. I was going to see a show an hour...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom