Thank God for Guilt by Greg Laurie

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

FYI: When someone who claims to be a Christian can live in sin without sensing it, then something is seriously wrong. None of us (not one of us are perfect). I know we all fall short of the glory of God. But there is a difference between stumbling unintentionally and being sorry for it and living in habitual, continual sin without any pangs of conscience, guilt, or remorse. If you can live in sin without any guilt or remorse, then one must question whether you are a child of God.

Let Us Pray: Righteous Lord, you are the King of our hearts, but the heart is deceitful above all else. Help us to discern your will, and teach us to walk forever in your ways. Heavenly Father, teach us to be sensitive to the prodding of your Spirit. When we have strayed, return us to your path, just as a shepherd does with his sheep. God I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

The following is an abridged version of Thank God for Guilt
by Greg Laurie. To read the full article, follow this link @ https://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/harvestdaily/thank-god-for-guilt-greg-laurie-daily-devotion-january-27-2017.html

I think we should concentrate on our own sins and repentence more then the sins of others. It can be a very tricky territory, fighting, discussing, convincing others that they are in sin, accusing, condemning etc...this is Gods thing i would say, we are not God.....If someone is saved or not, this is Gods thing to...i know you can find scriptures for that in the Bible....God bless you....God has alots of work to do in our lives, more then we know....

I think we should concentrate on our own sins and repentence more then the sins of others. It can be a very tricky territory, fighting, discussing, convincing others that they are in sin, accusing, condemning etc...this is Gods thing i would say, we are not God.....If someone is saved or not, this is Gods thing to...i know you can find scriptures for that in the Bible....God bless you....God has alots of work to do in our lives, more then we know....

The Bible tells us we will know them by their fruits. The Bible also tells us to work out your own salvation. How do we do this? We do this by coming to God and asking Him to inspect us. As David prayed, we should pray, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
This message is for all of us (everyone professing Christianity including YOU and I). Pray for those you see in sin. Ask God to convict their hearts. And ask God to convict you when you are wrong, that is what I do. I want my heart right before God. I guard my heart, because out of it flows the issues of life.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Sis Linda,Thank you for sharing this devotion
When my son back slided he he felt so guilty and saying he committed mistakes against God and only He can deliver him. I Praise God for this and Itold my son that being he is child of God ,God has disciplined him .He has come back now like prodigal son
by God's grace and all the prayers.He is very weak at present due to over consumption of alcohol.
My son Puia needs prayers in all areas, mentally,physically and spiritually .

The Bible tells us we will know them by their fruits. The Bible also tells us to work out your own salvation. How do we do this? We do this by coming to God and asking Him to inspect us. As David prayed, we should pray, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
This message is for all of us (everyone professing Christianity including YOU and I). Pray for those you see in sin. Ask God to convict their hearts. And ask God to convict you when you are wrong, that is what I do. I want my heart right before God. I guard my heart, because out of it flows the issues of life.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

There have been times in my heart I'm like Lord Your still there!! I don't deserve You to still be there. Then I realize that Jesus will not lose me. Jesus You love me and You forgive me! Thank You, Praise You Lord Jesus for Your love and Your forgiveness! We may not have to ask for His Love and His Forgiveness but it sure feels good to Thank and Praise Him for it! Thank You, Praise You Lord Jesus for Your Love and Your Forgiveness, Your Convictions and Your Plans for us! Glory, Glory to You Lord Jesus!

I/we may not be perfect but Jesus lives in us and Jesus is perfect, striving in us to strive to be perfect and His Words flow through us and Oh, His Words Are Perfect! Glory to You Lord Jesus! Thank You, Praise You Lord Jesus!

Thank you for your post Linda! The Words of Jesus they flow over me like olive oil sticking to me and they flow all through me! Your posts are not in vain and they are Glory and Glorious! Thank You Lord Jesus for Linda! Bless Linda with All she needs in You and more! Amen! Thank You Lord Jesus! Praise You Lord Jesus! Glory, Glory to You Lord Jesus!

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
FYI: When someone who claims to be a Christian can live in sin without sensing it, then something is seriously wrong. None of us (not one of us are perfect). I know we all fall short of the glory of God. But there is a difference between stumbling unintentionally and being sorry for it and living in habitual, continual sin without any pangs of conscience, guilt, or remorse. If you can live in sin without any guilt or remorse, then one must question whether you are a child of God.

Let Us Pray: Righteous Lord, you are the King of our hearts, but the heart is deceitful above all else. Help us to discern your will, and teach us to walk forever in your ways. Heavenly Father, teach us to be sensitive to the prodding of your Spirit. When we have strayed, return us to your path, just as a shepherd does with his sheep. God I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

The following is an abridged version of Thank God for Guilt by Greg Laurie. To read the full article, follow this link @ https://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/harvestdaily/thank-god-for-guilt-greg-laurie-daily-devotion-january-27-2017.html
As a young person growing up I was always trying to find out as much as I could about the nature of God and how to become a true Christian. I grew to like the words "perfect contrition".This meant that one should have a Godly fear and should regularly pray for pardon and forgiveness even if you are not conscious of sinning.Even by our very thoughts we sin so it is very important to keep a check on ourselves and on our relationship with God.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20

The following is an abridged version of Thank God for Guilt by Greg Laurie. To read the full article, follow this link @ https://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/harvestdaily/thank-god-for-guilt-greg-laurie-daily-devotion-january-27-2017.html
I am really blessed to night. Yes, Its not abput judging or condemning others but because of love and saving about dying souls. Same way I should allow others to correct me as well because nobody is perfect.
James 4:17, NIV: "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them."
May God bless you abundantly for His glory
In Jesus Name.

Similar Requests

• Article
Question: “How should a Christian deal with feelings of guilt regarding past sins?” Answer: Everyone has sinned, and one of the results of sin is guilt. We can be thankful for guilty feelings because they drive us to seek forgiveness. The moment a person turns from sin to Jesus Christ in faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Witness of the presence of God in our life are so diverse and so different. The disciples felt the presence of God through the Holy Spirit of God filling their lives with power from heaven. Today God manifest His presence in different ways to different people. Some people will feel the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
10 Prayers to Help You Exchange Anxiety and Fear for Peace Written By Dawn Wilson—Crosswalk. com Contributing Writer 1. Remember: God is not the source of anxiety or fear. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7). See also...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What Is the Rapture and Is it Biblical? Ed Jarrett Contributing Writer February 08, 2023 What is the rapture? And what does the Bible say about it? Many are familiar with the term. But all too often their understanding of the rapture is based more on popular writings like the Left Behind...
Replies
Views
  • Article
30 Christmas Prayers and Blessings for Family and Loved Ones Compiled & Edited by Crosswalk Editorial StaffCrosswalk.com 20221 Dec Christmas prayers offer a beautiful way to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ and the many blessings we have. There is no doubt this year has been a difficult...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom