'Staying True!' - Luke 22:28-30

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[To the apostles, Jesus continued,] "You have stayed with me in my time of trial. And just as my Father has granted me a Kingdom, I now grant you the right to eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom. And you will sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Luke 22:28-30 NLT

Key Thought​

While all of Jesus' apostles did forsake him and run away during his arrest, trial, and crucifixion, [1] they had been true to him to this point in his ministry. He let them know that they would have places of honor in the coming Kingdom. While they may not have known all that would happen in that Kingdom, they did know that they would be in the presence of the LORD, would eat at his table, would reign on thrones, and would judge the twelve tribes of Israel. While their earthly struggles were great and their rewards in this life seemed paltry, Jesus assured them that they would reign with him in glory.

[1] Matthew 26:56.

Today's Prayer​

Father, give me the faith to wait for the dawning of your day of victory. Help me not to give up when I'm discouraged. Keep me passionate as I seek to serve you with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. In Jesus' name, I praise and thank you. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

[To the apostles, Jesus continued,] "You have stayed with me in my time of trial. And just as my Father has granted me a Kingdom, I now grant you the right to eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom. And you will sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Luke 22:28-30 NLT

Key Thought​

While all of Jesus' apostles did forsake him and run away during his arrest, trial, and crucifixion, [1] they had been true to him to this point in his ministry. He let them know that they would have places of honor in the coming Kingdom. While they may not have known all that would happen in that Kingdom, they did know that they would be in the presence of the LORD, would eat at his table, would reign on thrones, and would judge the twelve tribes of Israel. While their earthly struggles were great and their rewards in this life seemed paltry, Jesus assured them that they would reign with him in glory.

[1] Matthew 26:56.

Today's Prayer​

Father, give me the faith to wait for the dawning of your day of victory. Help me not to give up when I'm discouraged. Keep me passionate as I seek to serve you with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. In Jesus' name, I praise and thank you. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Great promises comes from the heart of God. His love and mercy. Heaven awaits those who are faithful and true to His word.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus said,] "I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences." He told [the teachers of religious law] this because they were saying, "He's possessed by an evil spirit."...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Afterward Jesus went up on a mountain and called out the ones he wanted to go with him. And they came to him. —Mark 3:13 NLT Key Thought When we meet the twelve apostles of Jesus in the subsequent verses, we need to know that they were not an accidental band of misfits. Jesus chose them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] appointed twelve of [his disciples] and called them his apostles. They were to accompany him, and he would send them out to preach, giving them authority to cast out demons. —Mark 3:14-15 NLT Key Thought Jesus selected the twelve apostles for several clear purposes: They were to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When asked why his disciples didn't fast,] Jesus replied, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. They can't fast while the groom is with them. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast." —Mark 2:19-20 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said, "How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it? It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade." —Mark...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom