'Stand Firm!' - Luke 21:12-19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[After warning not to be disturbed by false messiahs, wars, and natural disasters, Jesus continued,] "But before all this occurs, there will be a time of great persecution. You will be dragged into synagogues and prisons, and you will stand trial before kings and governors because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me. So don't worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you! Even those closest to you — your parents, brothers, relatives, and friends — will betray you. They will even kill some of you. And everyone will hate you because you are my followers. But not a hair of your head will perish! By standing firm, you will win your souls."

Luke 21:12-19 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus' emphasizes in previous verses that the Temple would be destroyed but his disciples, both then and also now, need to invest in what is permanent. We must not be shaken by false messiahs and troubles in the world. In these verses, the Jesus' emphasis is perhaps even more important for us: Even in the face of personal persecution, we must stand firm, and we will be saved!

Today's Prayer​

Holy and loving Father, please give me the strength I need to stand firm in my faith no matter what outward circumstances may surround me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowd, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the parable he had just used. "Don't you understand either?" he asked. "Can't you see that the food you put into your body cannot defile you? Food doesn't go into your heart, but only passes...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After the disciples distributed the seven loaves of bread and the few fish to people in the crowd, they] ate as much as they wanted. Afterward, the disciples picked up seven large baskets of leftover food. There were about 4,000 men in the crowd that day, and Jesus sent them home after they had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus said the large crowd needed something to eat, his] disciples replied, "How are we supposed to find enough food to feed them out here in the wilderness?" —Mark 8:4 NLT Key Thought Jesus' followers were basically saying that they didn't have the resources to meet the needs of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When [the Pharisees demanded a sign from Jesus], he sighed deeply in his spirit and said, "Why do these people keep demanding a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, I will not give this generation any such sign." So he got back into the boat and left them, and he crossed to the other side of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herodias's chance [for vengeance against John] finally came on Herod's birthday. He gave a party for his high government officials, army officers, and the leading citizens of Galilee. Then his daughter, also named Herodias, came in and performed a dance that greatly pleased Herod and his guests...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom