'More Than Is Apparent' - Luke 21:1-4

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.
"I tell you the truth," Jesus said, "this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has."

Luke 21:1-4 NLT

Key Thought​

If we are not careful, we can easily jump to judgment based on external demonstrations of piety. We can very easily reach the point where we honor those who are wealthy because their gifts are large monetarily, even though their actual sacrifices may be small. God, however, knows our hearts when we give. He knows what we hold back and why. He also knows how much we sacrifice and the attitude which has prompted that sacrifice. All around us are people who are living for the LORD but who would seldom receive human recognition. Jesus, however, notices. He knows people's hearts as they give and serve. Not one kindness we do in the name of Jesus and for the glory of the Kingdom will be forgotten. Not one sacrifice for the Savior will go unnoticed. He knows the truth behind our gifts and is blessed when they come from a generous, joyous, and sacrificial heart.

Today's Prayer​

Father God, you own everything in the heavens and on the earth; please break me from the sinful habits of greed, worldliness, covetousness, and indiscipline. What your Son has done for me is much greater than any of my fleeting and temporary accomplishments. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
There is no craving in my mind anymore for things of the world that will perish or pass away in time. My heart belongs to the Lord, I have given Him as sweet offering to the Lord.

While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.
"I tell you the truth," Jesus said, "this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has."

Luke 21:1-4 NLT

Key Thought​

If we are not careful, we can easily jump to judgment based on external demonstrations of piety. We can very easily reach the point where we honor those who are wealthy because their gifts are large monetarily, even though their actual sacrifices may be small. God, however, knows our hearts when we give. He knows what we hold back and why. He also knows how much we sacrifice and the attitude which has prompted that sacrifice. All around us are people who are living for the LORD but who would seldom receive human recognition. Jesus, however, notices. He knows people's hearts as they give and serve. Not one kindness we do in the name of Jesus and for the glory of the Kingdom will be forgotten. Not one sacrifice for the Savior will go unnoticed. He knows the truth behind our gifts and is blessed when they come from a generous, joyous, and sacrificial heart.

Today's Prayer​

Father God, you own everything in the heavens and on the earth; please break me from the sinful habits of greed, worldliness, covetousness, and indiscipline. What your Son has done for me is much greater than any of my fleeting and temporary accomplishments. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading..
The more we give to the Lord, the more we receive blessings from His hands.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Jesus told [the townspeople], "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus calmed the storm,] he asked [the disciples], "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?" The disciples were absolutely terrified. "Who is this man?" they asked each other. "Even the wind and waves obey him!" —Mark 4:40-41 NLT Key Thought "Who is this man?" Ah! That's the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told the disciples to have the people sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of fifty or a hundred. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. [The disciples] were totally amazed, for they still didn't understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. —Mark 6:51-52 NLT Key Thought The disciples couldn't get it! Maybe they...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom