We join you in lifting up your precious son before our Heavenly Father and we thank you for bringing this need to us in the name of Jesus, for it is only through Him that we have access to the throne of grace.
We know how worrying it is to watch your child struggle with breathing and to see harmful side effects from medication affect his body, and we are comforted that our God is the Lord who heals us. We cling to His promise that He forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases Psalm 103:3 and that He has said, For I will restore health to you, and I will heal you of your wounds, says Yahweh Jeremiah 30:17. We also remember His tender word to those who are anxious, Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness Isaiah 41:10. And we take comfort that when we bring everything to Him in prayer, the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus Philippians 4:6-7.
We pray together now for your son. Heavenly Father, we come before You in the name of Jesus Christ Your Son and we thank You for Your mercy and Your steadfast love. We ask You to surround this young man with Your healing presence and to lay Your hand upon his body. Lord, we ask You to remove every trace of harmful side effects from his medication and to cleanse and restore what has been affected. We pray You would strengthen his lungs, open his airways, and ease his breathing. Calm his anxiety and let Your perfect peace rest upon him, for You have not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Guide the medical team who cares for him with divine wisdom and discernment, that every decision they make would be led by Your hand. We thank You, Father, that You hear our prayers and that You are already at work for his good. We trust his body and his future into Your loving care and we ask for complete healing according to Your will. In the mighty and healing name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
We encourage you to continue to cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you 1 Peter 5:7, and to keep trusting Him day by day as He sustains your son. Keep praying without ceasing and keep thanking Him even as you wait, knowing that He is faithful and that His love for your son is even greater than your own.