'Sobering Words!' - Luke 12:4-5

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus said,] "Dear friends, don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. But I'll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he's the one to fear."

Luke 12:4-5 NLT

Key Thought

Most of us, me included, much prefer to speak about God's grace, love, and mercy. Every once in awhile, however, we hit one of those "shake you to the core" passages that reminds us of God's holiness and our sinfulness. God doesn't want to punish or condemn us. Jesus is proof of that. But, he is the creator, and he has paid an enormous price to bring us back to him after our rebellion. When we ignore his grace, mercy, and love, we are choosing disaster and judgment. God's grace, mercy, and love are revealed and offered to us in Jesus. To reject Jesus is to reject God and his grace, mercy, and love and to choose judgment and condemnation. In a Gospel so focused on God's desire to save all people in all walks of life, the warning in today's verses must be taken seriously. Jesus wants us to know that what we decide about him and what we do with his life and teachings mean everything for us eternally.

Today's Prayer

Father, forgive me when I have trivialized your grace, mercy, and love that were so powerfully offered to me through Jesus. Forgive me, O God, for the times that I have not been awed by your holiness, not been touched by your sacrificial mercy, and not been wounded at the price you paid to extend grace to me. Thank you with all that I am for Jesus, in whose name I offer this confession and prayer. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Ue3TX__hwdA

Continue reading...

O God, have mercy on those who are atheists, agnostics, humanists and all skeptics who refuse to accept the Lord or go to church. I have invited all of them and none came. Please God, save them all we pray because hells burning fire awaits after they are gone from planet earth. In Jesus name. Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus continued,] "Dear friends, don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. But I'll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he's the one to fear." —Luke 12:4-5 NLT Key Thought...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Concluding the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!" —Mark 4:20 NLT Key Thought Jesus wants us to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus instructed his disciples to have a boat ready so the crowd would not crush him. He had healed many people that day, so all the sick people eagerly pushed forward to touch him. And whenever those possessed by evil spirits caught sight of him, the spirits would throw them to the ground in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [the women] rushed back from the tomb to tell his eleven disciples — and everyone else — what had happened. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and several other women who told the apostles what had happened. But the story sounded like nonsense to the men, so they didn't...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have Satan come at once and take it away." —Mark 4:15 NLT Key Thought Our efforts to share the Good News of the Kingdom of God don't happen in a vacuum...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom