'Sabbath Teaching' - Mark 1:21-22

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority — quite unlike the teachers of religious law.

Mark 1:21-22 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus went to church! Well, not exactly church as we know it, but he did go to the assembly of God's people at the synagogue. Weren't hypocrites, sinners, and worse there in those meetings? Yes! But Jesus went to the synagogue because these people were searching for God, despite their failures and their problems. He used his visits as opportunities to teach the people. They recognized his authority. Do we? Are we responding to Jesus' words of comfort, challenge, and conviction?

Today's Prayer​

Holy God and righteous Father, thank you for Jesus' example of going to meet with your people and blessing them with your truth. As I go to the assembly of folks who honor your name and praise Jesus for his sacrifice, I pray that you will still have Jesus' teaching heard. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Teaching Gods word is a gift given to all of us by the Lord. Jesus gave us a wonderful example to teach and preach Gods word anywhere we are.
Golden words came out from Jesus mouth to teach eternal truth of Gods will for our life. Hallelujah, He has overcome the world, the flesh and the devil. Death could not contain Him and now He is sitteth at the right hand of Gods throne.

Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority — quite unlike the teachers of religious law.

Mark 1:21-22 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus went to church! Well, not exactly church as we know it, but he did go to the assembly of God's people at the synagogue. Weren't hypocrites, sinners, and worse there in those meetings? Yes! But Jesus went to the synagogue because these people were searching for God, despite their failures and their problems. He used his visits as opportunities to teach the people. They recognized his authority. Do we? Are we responding to Jesus' words of comfort, challenge, and conviction?

Today's Prayer​

Holy God and righteous Father, thank you for Jesus' example of going to meet with your people and blessing them with your truth. As I go to the assembly of folks who honor your name and praise Jesus for his sacrifice, I pray that you will still have Jesus' teaching heard. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Be prepared to share Jesus wherever you are. In church, at work, in the office, in the street and wherever you are. Jesus loved to share Gods word with everyone.

Similar Requests

• Article
Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!" —Mark 2:28 NLT Key Thought Jesus is LORD! He has authority over everything! He is the Master and Commander of all things (Ephesians 1:21-22). His word, his teaching, his will about the Sabbath form the basis of our truth. So...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "Besides, who would patch old clothing with new cloth? For the new patch would shrink and rip away from the old cloth, leaving an even bigger tear than before. "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Once again Jesus began teaching by the lakeshore. A very large crowd soon gathered around him, so he got into a boat. Then he sat in the boat while all the people remained on the shore. He taught them by telling many stories in the form of parables, such as this one: ... —Mark 4:1-2 NLT Key...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom