RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

(Not to be confused with self-righteous indignation)

DO I GET ANGRY?

Of course I do. Because, like Jesus, when He entered into the temple, I'm offended by the continual blatent disrespect toward the Father. I can see how greedy behavior is blocking those who are truly in need of a healing miracle; the kind of intervention that neither modern day medicine can cure, nor money can buy. The Message Bible leaves no question about Jesus’s motivation that day.

Jesus went straight to the Temple and threw out everyone who had set up shop, buying and selling. He kicked over the tables of loan sharks and the stalls of dove merchants. He quoted this text: My house was designated a house of prayer; You have made it a hangout for thieves. Now there was room for the blind and crippled to get in. They came to Jesus and he healed them. [Matthew 21:13-14]

Righteous indignation does not offend God; it is anger, without cause; and persistent anger, which leads to seeking one's own vengeance, that is offensive to God.

Again, the Message Bible paints a very clear picture of the fullness of the text:

Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don't use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don't stay angry. Don't go to bed angry. Don't give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life. [Ephesians 4:26]

GET OUT OF THE WAY
yet, selfish greed (self righteous indignation) intices you to rebel

"Lead us not into temptation
..."​

Be angry but do not sin says Gods word. How true this is. Whatever causes you to have anger and rage in your heart, it is time to take it to the Lord and pray for those people to get right with God and bless them so they will be changed forever. Save those lost souls we pray. Amen

(Not to be confused with self-righteous indignation)

DO I GET ANGRY?

Of course I do. Because, like Jesus, when He entered into the temple, I'm offended by the continual blatent disrespect toward the Father. I can see how greedy behavior is blocking those who are truly in need of a healing miracle; the kind of intervention that neither modern day medicine can cure, nor money can buy. The Message Bible leaves no question about Jesus’s motivation that day.

Jesus went straight to the Temple and threw out everyone who had set up shop, buying and selling. He kicked over the tables of loan sharks and the stalls of dove merchants. He quoted this text: My house was designated a house of prayer; You have made it a hangout for thieves. Now there was room for the blind and crippled to get in. They came to Jesus and he healed them. [Matthew 21:13-14]

Righteous indignation does not offend God; it is anger, without cause; and persistent anger, which leads to seeking one's own vengeance, that is offensive to God.

Again, the Message Bible paints a very clear picture of the fullness of the text:

Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don't use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don't stay angry. Don't go to bed angry. Don't give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life. [Ephesians 4:26]

GET OUT OF THE WAY
yet, selfish greed (self righteous indignation) intices you to rebel

"Lead us not into temptation
..."​
Jesus was angry to see vendors and robbers selling goods and scamming people of money in front of the temple of God. Righteous indignation. My house shall be called a house of prayer.... says the Lord. Make your heart and mind full of the presence of Jesus so you will be found faultless in His sight when you get to heaven.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Fear Not…🙏 Jesus, forgive me for doubting You instead of trusting You. Thank You for having mercy and compassion on my weakness. Lord, help me to always surrender the situations that worry me into your loving hands. Put my fears to rest as I see them in the light of my Heavenly Father’s great power and love. Help me fully believe you are working out your good purposes. You have the last say over my circumstances today. Give me the grace I need to rest in your arms and trust your care over me and my loved ones. God do the same for the one who blessed me with this prayer. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

Similar Requests

• Article
I would like to say that spiritual growth is not about suppressing who you are but discovering your true identity in Christ. Sometimes, I find myself studying the Word of God. It said: Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 8–10 , Hebrews 13 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Could you be angry?” - Genesis 4:6 He did many things well, but there was a problem. Everyone saw it. Yet because he was so effective in accomplishing most of his role, his anger issue wasn’t adequately addressed. He was...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Not fallen from grace and mercy from the Lord. Lots of pain in the back and arm, but Jesus has compassion on me and help me get up and keep going. Satan wanted to miss Sunday School and trip me over and let me fall on my back. Still, I want to obey Jesus words. Gather together to sing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When storms hits our life and we have no place to go because our house is destroyed, our living arragemets are gone for good and then we will be evicted soon because of non payment of bills. Horrible things comes along our path and we need help from heaven above. Hear our cry. We call on the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Before we head out to work and be on the road for an hour or so, let us all lift our hearts to Jesus, He is our co pilot who will be with us, protecting us from drunks, speeders, those who cut you off so they can get ahead of you and trying to make you angry. Our dear Lord want us all safe and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom