Revelation 4:4 - Evening Devotional for Sep. 9th

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment."

Revelation 4:4

Evening Thought​

These representatives of the saints in heaven are said to be around the throne. In the passage in Canticles, where Solomon sings of the King sitting at his table, some render it "a round table." From this, some expositors, I think, without straining the text, have said, "There is an equality among the saints." That idea is conveyed by the equal nearness of the four and twenty elders. The condition of glorified spirits in heaven is that of nearness to Christ, clear vision of his glory, constant access to his court, and familiar fellowship with his person: nor is there any difference in this respect between one saint and another, but all the people of God, apostles, martyrs, ministers, or private and obscure Christians, shall all be seated near the throne, where they shall for ever gaze upon their exalted Lord, and be satisfied with his love. They shall all be near to Christ, all ravished with his love, all eating and drinking at the same table with him, all equally beloved as his favourites and friends even if not all equally rewarded as servants.
Let believers on earth imitate the saints in heaven in their nearness to Christ. Let us on earth be as the elders are in heaven, sitting around the throne. May Christ be the object of our thoughts, the centre of our lives. How can we endure to live at such a distance from our Beloved? Lord Jesus, draw us nearer to thyself. Say unto us, "Abide in me, and I in you"; and permit us to sing, "His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me."
O lift me higher, nearer thee,
And as I rise more pure and meet,
O let my soul's humility
Make me lie lower at thy feet;
Less trusting self, the more I prove
The blessed comfort of thy love.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. Written by Charles H. Spurgeon.
JQvOin1JbAM

Continue reading...

Spirit of the living God fall afresh on all of us. We need You to understand Your word. We need Your holy presence to live a life that pleases You. We want to be walking in the path that leads to heaven. To see the holy throne of God and Jesus, the Lamb that was slain for our sins.

"And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment."

Evening Thought​

These representatives of the saints in heaven are said to be around the throne. In the passage in Canticles, where Solomon sings of the King sitting at his table, some render it "a round table." From this, some expositors, I think, without straining the text, have said, "There is an equality among the saints." That idea is conveyed by the equal nearness of the four and twenty elders. The condition of glorified spirits in heaven is that of nearness to Christ, clear vision of his glory, constant access to his court, and familiar fellowship with his person: nor is there any difference in this respect between one saint and another, but all the people of God, apostles, martyrs, ministers, or private and obscure Christians, shall all be seated near the throne, where they shall for ever gaze upon their exalted Lord, and be satisfied with his love. They shall all be near to Christ, all ravished with his love, all eating and drinking at the same table with him, all equally beloved as his favourites and friends even if not all equally rewarded as servants.
Let believers on earth imitate the saints in heaven in their nearness to Christ. Let us on earth be as the elders are in heaven, sitting around the throne. May Christ be the object of our thoughts, the centre of our lives. How can we endure to live at such a distance from our Beloved? Lord Jesus, draw us nearer to thyself. Say unto us, "Abide in me, and I in you"; and permit us to sing, "His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me."
O let my soul's humility

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. Written by Charles H. Spurgeon.
JQvOin1JbAM

Continue reading...
Some day we will see this throne where God is seated. I am looking forward to do that.

We never need to doubt or fear our place with the Lord because He is perfect and He knows how to love each one of us perfectly. We can rest in the sweetness of His love now and always. Praise His Holy Name!

Evening Thought​

O let my soul's humility

JQvOin1JbAM

Continue reading...
Heaven must be a bautiful place to be in. I am looking forward to see Jesus face to face when He calls me home to His glorious presence.

In His time we shall learn those wonderful things God has promised to all of us. Entering heavens gates will be a wonderful experience to have. Glorioius things awaits for us.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
When the road we are riding on becomes bleak, shadows masking over the woods there comes a promise from heaven. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Grace from our wonderful Maker comes to all of us to give us inspiration and hope of seeing Him in glory where all angels, all the elders and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. —Psalm 96:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you appreciate the phrase "the splendor of his holiness"! Don't you long to behold that splendor? It conjures up reminders of Isaiah's encounter with God in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) —Ephesians 2:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We have no claim to bring to God that he should love us, accept us, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. —Galatians 4:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The Father sent his Son. No one else would do as our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This messenger [to prepare the way for Jesus] was John the Baptist. He was in the wilderness and preached that people should be baptized to show that they had repented of their sins and turned to God to be forgiven. —Mark 1:4 NLT Key Thought God's messenger was John. He was called "the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom