Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation — but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

Romans 8:12-13 NIV

Key Thought​

In Romans 7:5, Paul made it clear that when he said "flesh," he was talking about "sinful passions." Then, in today's verses, three things capture my attention:
  • First, notice the word "obligation" — I don't owe my fleshly or sinful desires anything! My body will die; it will rot and turn to dust, and the desires of the flesh will go the way of my body.
  • Second, if I live by the mandates of fleshly addictions and lustful passions, I will die the eternal death. The three words, "you will die," certainly should cause me to consider how I am living.
  • A third phrase captures my attention even more since it gives me the solution to my potential problem: "by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body."
The Holy Spirit, God's Holy Fire burning inside of me, has the power to purify and redeem my body so that it can be used to glorify God who bought me at a great price and made someone holy and precious out of me (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)! The result then is that I will live eternally.

Today's Prayer​

O Holy Spirit, purify my heart and redeem my physical body to be a place of honor and glory for God, the Father. Empower me to put to death my desires that have been kidnapped by the evil one, my desires to do wrong. Redeem my motives and my actions so that Jesus may come to life in me as I live the life the Father has for me. I ask this to your glory, O God — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
kmqVfTDuWe4

Continue reading...

LIfe should not be so complicated to those who love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul. LIving according the flesh will take us all to hells burning fire but if we live in the spirit we will be full of peace and joy and at the end of the road we shall see Jesus face to face.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation — but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

Key Thought​

In Romans 7:5, Paul made it clear that when he said "flesh," he was talking about "sinful passions." Then, in today's verses, three things capture my attention:
  • First, notice the word "obligation" — I don't owe my fleshly or sinful desires anything! My body will die; it will rot and turn to dust, and the desires of the flesh will go the way of my body.
  • Second, if I live by the mandates of fleshly addictions and lustful passions, I will die the eternal death. The three words, "you will die," certainly should cause me to consider how I am living.
  • A third phrase captures my attention even more since it gives me the solution to my potential problem: "by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body."
The Holy Spirit, God's Holy Fire burning inside of me, has the power to purify and redeem my body so that it can be used to glorify God who bought me at a great price and made someone holy and precious out of me (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)! The result then is that I will live eternally.

Today's Prayer​

O Holy Spirit, purify my heart and redeem my physical body to be a place of honor and glory for God, the Father. Empower me to put to death my desires that have been kidnapped by the evil one, my desires to do wrong. Redeem my motives and my actions so that Jesus may come to life in me as I live the life the Father has for me. I ask this to your glory, O God — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
kmqVfTDuWe4

Continue reading...
Amen I will put to death all fleshly thoughts and ideas.

Satan uses the flesh to make us all miss our way to heaven. Do not let him do this to you or anyone else. If temptations comes, cast out the devil out of your house and your heart in the name of Jesus.

Key Thought​

Today's Prayer​

kmqVfTDuWe4

Continue reading...
I want to live forever with Jesus. The world, the flesh and the devil will not make us miss our joy of entering into heavens gates to live with God for ages to come.

Key Thought​

Today's Prayer​

kmqVfTDuWe4

Continue reading...
Let me live according to Gods word and not obey the desires of the flesh or the devil. We are heaven bound and we need Jesus help and grace to continue the road that leads to His holy presence.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Peter said [to the lame man], "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Holding [the dead girl's] hand, [Jesus] said to her, "Talitha koum," which means "Little girl, get up!" And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! [The girl's parents and the three disciples] were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Jesus gave them strict orders...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So Jesus gave [the evil spirits] permission. The evil spirits came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the entire herd of about 2,000 pigs plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water. —Mark 5:13 NLT Key Thought The evil spirits begged Jesus to grant them their...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The crowd laughed at [Jesus when he said the girl was just sleeping]. But he made them all leave, and he took the girl's father and mother and his three disciples into the room where the girl was lying. Holding her hand, he said to her, "Talitha koum," which means "Little girl, get up!" —Mark...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom