Proverbs Chapter 5

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 5

5:1 My son, attend to my wisdom; Incline your ear to my understanding:

5:2 That you may preserve discretion, And that your lips may keep knowledge.

5:3 For the lips of a strange woman drop honey, And her mouth is smoother than oil:

5:4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, Sharp as a two-edged sword.

5:5 Her feet go down to death; Her steps take hold on Sheol;

5:6 If she does not find the level path of life: Her ways are unstable, [and] she will not know.

5:7 Now therefore, [my] sons, listen to me, And do not depart from the words of my mouth.

5:8 Remove your way far from her, And don't come near the door of her house;

5:9 Or else you will give your grandeur to others, And your years to the cruel;

5:10 Or else strangers will be filled with your strength, And your labors [be] in the house of an alien,

5:11 And you mourn at your latter end, When your flesh and your body are consumed,

5:12 And say, How I have hated instruction, And my heart despised reproof;

5:13 Neither have I obeyed the voice of my teachers, Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!

5:14 I was well-near in all evil In the midst of the assembly and congregation.

5:15 Drink waters out of your own cistern, And running waters out of your own well.

5:16 Should your springs be dispersed abroad, And streams of water in the streets?

5:17 Let them be for yourself alone, And not for strangers with you.

5:18 Let your fountain be blessed; And rejoice in the wife of your youth.

5:19 [As] a loving hind and a pleasant doe, Let her nipples immerse you at all times; And be ravished always with her love.

5:20 For why should you, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, And embrace the bosom of a foreigner?

5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of Yahweh; And he makes level all his paths.

5:22 His own iniquities will take the wicked, And he will be held with the cords of his sin.

5:23 He will die for lack of instruction; And in the greatness of his folly he will go astray.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
prayer for level ground

Dear God give me a level path of life so that my ways may cease to be unstable for I did not know.

may my end not be bitter as wormwood, Sharp as a two-edged sword.

Teach me Lord that my heart may not despised reproof as I have in the past;

such that I may say that I have Neither obeyed the voice of my teachers,

Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!

For my ways are before your eyes Yahweh; And you make level all my paths

Least I be held with the cords of my sin.

and die for lack of instruction; And the greatness of my folly lead me astray.

Amen

This is a great passage reminding us to be faithful.

As a side note, not a debate, are you aware the UPDV version has removed the book of Acts and included other extra biblical texts? (At least according to their website?). This is concerning to me at least. Some of the more standard versions (NKJ, NIV) are found in "The Blue Letter Bible" website.

Let your fountain be blest. And rejoice with the wife of your youth. What a wonderful message we hear from this chapter. Our fountain will always be blest if we are not tempted to do wrong to our mates. Our wives or husbands should be the first thought in our lives before God. Pray for them, fast for them and help them in any way you can. Be an example to all your children on how Christian marriage should be. Holy and pure before God and before the people that surround us. Dear Jesus please may the fountain of all who read this wonderful chapter be filled with blessings and may each one of them rejoice with the mate you have provided. In Jesus precious name. Amen

Let your fountain be blessed. 15.5 Jesus wants all his dear children blessed and not lack anything at all. Finantially you should be blessed with a nice house, a nice car and plenty of food. Spiritually you should be blessed with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit full of love and mercy toward others and towards your own family. Socially you should be blessed with a wonderful friends who want to help you out when you are down the pìt. Uplift you everytime you go stray. Your wife should be the help meet you always wanted and love the children of your youth. Altogether we should be blessed with the best God has to offer. What a wonderful God we really have.  Should we give Him glory every single day?  Of course.

This is a beautiful passage. It is so true. In youth many turn away from God and want to go their own way. As they grow older they reflect and realize they should have listened to the instruction given them when they were young. Life has a way of getting away from us.

Heavenly Father, Bless all of those who read these words. I pray for more to listen to your instruction while they are young. I also pray for those who don't listen when they were young, but they do return to you in their older years. You are a God of mercy. You can take anything and make it beautiful and good. Forgive us for our sins and failures and mold us, help us to be better servants to you. Give us wisdom so that we can encourage one another on this life journey. We ask this in the name of your son, Jesus Christ....amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
For the ways of man are before Yaweh. Indeed. Our thoughts and ideas, our daily work, even our family relationships are in the eyes of God. When Elijah was in the cave. God was there watching what he was doing and thinking. Where can we hide from God? Nowhere. It is there all the time. Watching us and protecting our souls from sin. So, let us start praising His holy name. On Sunday volunteer to pick up the offering, be a greeter at the door. Do something for Jesus today and all the days of your life. It is a rewarding experience. God wants our best and He loves to see us happy and enjoying life. Thank you Jesus for your wonderful word. We praise you. We love you. We adore you. Today and ever more. Amen

Similar Requests

Please pray for my mum she has stage 5 kidney disease, she is to weak for dialysis or kidney transplant, doctors are giving her 3 to 5 months to live. Please pray that Jesus heals my mum and her kidneys and health, pray that Jesus restores her health so she can come out of hospital and live a...
Replies
Views
Jonah thanked God by trusting him for success. Proverbs 3:5-6 teaches, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take” (NLT). In Jonah 1, we see Jonah running from God. In Jonah 2, we see Jonah...
Replies
Views
o God please help me to pay all the people i am holding money since 2years now any business i put hand something will stop it, heaven father my battle, i m tied of receiving lnsult from people,please God help me all the money this year. 2) o God help me in this new business i just started, let...
Replies
Views
LORD, Fill me (and my wife) with the knowledge of your will with all spiritual wisdom and understanding so we walk in a worthy manner of You (Col 1:9-11). Grant us Favor as a shield (Ps 5:12). Open our minds to understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45). If any of us lack wisdom we can ask from God...
Replies
Views
LORD, Fill me (and my wife) with the knowledge of your will with all spiritual wisdom and understanding so we walk in a worthy manner of You (Col 1:9-11). Grant us Favor as a shield (Ps 5:12). Open our minds to understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45). If any of us lack wisdom we can ask from God...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom