Proverbs Chapter 22

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 22

22:1 A [good] name is rather to be chosen than great riches, [And] loving favor rather than silver and gold.

22:2 The rich and the poor meet together: Yahweh is the maker of them all.

22:3 A prudent man sees the evil, and hides himself; But the simple pass on, and suffer for it.

22:4 The reward of humility [and] the fear of Yahweh [is] riches, and honor, and life.

22:5 Thorns [and] snares are in the way of the perverse: He who keeps his soul will be far from them.

22:7 The rich rules over the poor; And the borrower is slave to the lender.

22:8 He who sows iniquity will reap calamity; And the rod of his wrath will fail.

22:9 He who has a bountiful eye will be blessed; For he gives of his bread to the poor.

22:10 Cast out the scoffer, and contention will go out; Yes, strife and ignominy will cease.

22:11 He who loves pureness of heart, [For] the grace of his lips the king will be his companion.

22:12 The eyes of Yahweh preserve [him who has] knowledge; But he overthrows the words of the betrayer.

22:13 The sluggard says, There is a lion outside: I will be slain in the streets.

22:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: He who is abhorred of Yahweh will fall in it.

22:15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; [but] the rod of correction will drive it far from him.

22:16 He who oppresses the poor to increase his [gain], [And] he who gives to the rich, [will come] only to want.

22:17 Words of the Wise. Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to my knowledge.

22:18 For it is a pleasant thing if you keep them inside you, If they are established together on your lips.

22:19 That your trust may be in Yahweh, I have made [them] known to you this day, even to you.

22:20 Have I not written to you excellent things Of counsels and knowledge,

22:21 To make you know the certainty of the words of truth, That you may carry back words of truth to those who send you?

22:22 Don't rob the poor, because he is poor; Neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:

22:23 For Yahweh will plead their cause, And despoil of life those who despoil them.

22:24 Make no friendship with a man who is given to anger; And with a wrathful man you will not go:

22:25 Or else you will learn his ways, And get a snare to your soul.

22:26 Don't be one of those who strikes hands, [Or] of those who are sureties for debts.

22:27 If you have not with which to pay, Why should he take away your bed from under you?

22:28 Don't remove the ancient landmark, Which your fathers have set.

22:29 Do you see a man diligent in his business? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before mean men.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Behold, the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barn,  yet your Heavenly Father feedeth them.  Are you not much better than they?  Matt. 6.26   Our heavenly Father will provide us with all we need.  Faith in Him, service to His glory and an honest heart is needed.   Proverbs 22.17  Words of the wise.  Incline thine ear and hear the words of the wise.  Yes Jesus, your word is a lamp unto our feet.  It will guide us to gloly if we just listen and obey it.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
The heart of mercy and love of our Lord Jesus says to all of us.  May your days be many as you honor your mother and your father and your troubles be few because Jesus is there to help you.  May the peace of God that passeth all understanding surround you and your heart be strong when troubles and tribulations come to your life.  God is there to sustain you and uphold you.  Proverbs 22.20  Have I not written to you excellent things. Of counsels and knowledge?  Yes, the Lord has written for us wonderful promises in His word.  We must read them daily and keep them in our hearts.

Do not rob the poor, because he is poor. Instead pray for the salvation of his soul and those he lives with. Teach them the word of God, take them to church and if they do not have a place to stay, give them a room in your house till he finds one. Stay close to Jesus and lead them to the feet of our saviour and lord Jesus. Amen

Similar Requests

Lord pls save this boy I was working with in 22. Pls bless him he’ll come to have a relationship with you and be a Christian. Pls save the ppl in his life in need of being s. Pls bless them for them to have a relationship with u and a prayer life. Pls save his families if they are in need of...
Replies
Views
please pray for my 22 years old daughter Isabella. She is not a believer. She is in a very dark place right now. Please pray for healing from anxiety, depression and suicide ideations. Deliverance from the emotional pain and mental anguish that is driving her to self-medicate with drugs. Please...
Replies
Views
My son needs you. Please say a special prayer for my son Jakeb. He has a dr appointment tomorrow and please pray that it goes well and there is nothing seriously wrong with him. Please ask God to heal him mind and body. Please ask God to help us. I'm not very strong and I beg God to heal him and...
Replies
Views
Praying for believers and prayer warriors gathered together in faith believing in Jesus name and his power, is amazing mercy and never ending Grace for my nephew. To make a long story short, he was involved in a shooting a year ago. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds and is currently paralyzed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. —Luke 3:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God spoke these wonderful words to his Son when Jesus was baptized. God feels the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom