Proverbs Chapter 19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 19

19:1 Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than he who is perverse in his lips and is a fool.

19:2 Also, without knowledge the soul is not good; And he who hurries with his feet sins.

19:3 The foolishness of man subverts his way; And his heart frets against Yahweh.

19:4 Wealth adds many companions; But the poor is separated from his companion.

19:5 A false witness will not be unpunished; And he who utters lies will not escape.

19:6 Many will entreat the favor of the liberal man; And every man is a companion to him who gives gifts.

19:7 All the brothers of the poor hate him: How much more do his friends go far from him! He pursues [them with] words, [but] they are gone.

19:8 He who gets wisdom loves his own soul: He who keeps understanding will find good.

19:9 A false witness will not be unpunished; And he who utters lies will perish.

19:10 Delicate living is not seemly for a fool; Much less for a slave to have rule over princes.

19:11 The discretion of man makes him slow to anger; And it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

19:12 The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion; But his favor is as dew on the grass.

19:13 A foolish son is the calamity of his father; And the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.

19:14 House and riches are an inheritance from fathers; But a prudent wife is from Yahweh.

19:15 Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep; And the idle soul will suffer hunger.

19:16 He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul; [but] he who is careless of his ways will die.

19:17 He who has pity on the poor lends to Yahweh, And his good deed he will pay him again.

19:18 Chasten your son, seeing there is hope; And don't set your heart on his destruction.

19:19 A man of great wrath will bear the penalty; For if you deliver [him], you must do it yet again.

19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter end.

19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart; But the counsel of Yahweh, that will stand.

19:22 That which makes man to be desired is his kindness; And a poor man is better than a liar.

19:23 The fear of Yahweh, [leads] to life And he [who has it] will reside satisfied; He will not be visited with evil.

19:24 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish, And will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.

19:25 Strike a scoffer, and the simple will learn prudence; And reprove one who has understanding, [and] he will understand knowledge.

19:26 He who does violence to his father, and chases away his mother, Is a son who causes shame and brings reproach.

19:27 Cease, my son, to hear instruction [Only] to err from the words of knowledge.

19:28 A worthless witness mocks at justice; And the mouth of the wicked swallows iniquity.

19:29 Judgments are prepared for scoffers, And stripes for the back of fools.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The following discussion is from the January Reading of This Chapter of Proverbs at ericasp.com:<BR><BR>

<blockquote><p>He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers (Proverbs 19:8).</p></blockquote><BR>

<p>It occurs to me that this Proverbs is a very good Proverb for the 19th day of the Proverbs 365 project.  It happens to come at a very busy stretch of life, where I'm actually running a couple of days behind in my devotional resolutions -- feeling stressed, grumpy, irritible, out-of-sorts.  Where I'm tempted to say, "I don't have time for all that Proverbs / Bible / devotional stuff."</p>

<p>It turns out that these are the times when I need God's wisdom the most!</p>

<p>Seeking out wisdom <em>does </em>cost some energy, and it <em>does </em>require some sense of initiative... But Proverbs 19:8 reminds us that it also pays dividends.  And not just for "mankind" or "the life of faith" or "posterity" -- but it actually yields peace, well-being, and properity for immediate, everyday use.</p>

<p>I noticed this as soon as I sat down to soak myself in the Proverbs again, like a hot bath after the kids have been put to bed for the night.  Proverbs chapter 19 seems to be especially good for this.  It's a warm soak and gentle massage for one's soul.  There's some great stuff in there for parenting, dealing with angry people, developing patience, and so on.  And as I read these Proverbs -- getting wisdom and cherishing understanding (i.e. a greater sense of perspective) -- I experience the truth of this Biblical wisdom being a way to take care of myself.  As I do this, I can in turn care for others, and eventually for the "greater good," too.  But it all starts with caring for my own soul.</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
default_biggrin.png

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
The idle soul will suffer hunger. This one verse is the most important message God want to give us. We must work while we have our health. Lots of people even in our churches do not work and always ask for money and assistance. God told us to work just like the ant. Look at the ant... how it labors. May God give us wisdom and desire to work for Him. May be missionary work is our goal. Whatever it is. Work.

There are too many lazy people who love to roam the streets instead of working. But as we read this wonderful chapter God tells us to work and work hard. No man shall live by bread alone.. He said... but we need more of the Word of God in our lives. My soul longs for the house of the Lord said kind David. In the same line... we ... as children of the lliving God should long for His holy presence and worship Him and give Him glory and praise.

Please let us not be a false witness. 19.9 Too many people tend to become false witnesses and sometimes we judge others by their looks alone. God is telling us not to be a part with the evil doers. They eventually end up in hell and their souls will be lost forever. Intead of being false witnesses be a prayer warrior and speak the truth with the love of God. Souls are the ones we will win. At the end ... in eternity God will ask us what we have done for others? Then you will say... I have prayed for the souls and witnessed the Gospel of Jesus to them in a possitive way. God will be so happy to hear that and will reward you with what you deserve. Thank you Jesus. We certainly love you so much. In your holy name Amen.

The counsel of God is better. Even at night we can hear God telling us not to sin or do bad things to other people. This chapter shows us to love God and hear His word. Even in our dreams we can hear the counsel of God. Jesus, you are my hiding place. When we are all alone in the mountain top and we see no one at all. God is there to help us and even in the wind chill we can feel your holy presence. We love you and praise your name. Amen

A man of great wrath. 19.19 How many of our brothers and sisters are inflamed with wrath when someone does them wrong. Mine is the judgments God tells us.. so we must refrain from being angry for the wrongs people have done to us. Instead of having great wrath we must enter into the presence of God and start praying for those who did us wrong. We must give Jesus praise and honor with our attitude,our patience and our love toward others. We know that we are not able to control other peoples tempers but we can controls ours. Dear Jesus, please help us to have great patience toward other people who do us wrongs or talk back. We pray for them today. Bless them and change them. In Jesus name. amen

Similar Requests

• Article
A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. "If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean," he said. Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. "I am willing," he said. "Be healed!" Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. —1 Peter 1:18-19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom