Today's Verse - 1 Peter 1:18-19 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

1 Peter 1:18-19 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Imagine the dialogue between an angel of heaven and you as he asked you about your salvation and redemption.

Angel: "How much did it cost?"
You: "What? This old thing? This sack of bones and blood and brain? This heart and mind and soul that live inside?"

Angel: "Yeah! How much did it cost?"
You: "It cost the greatest gift of heaven to redeem it and make me whole!"

That's how much God thinks of you and me, dear friend in Jesus. Incredible! God redeemed us at a great cost to him because of his amazing and gracious love for you and me.

My Prayer...​

Father, I am bewildered, humbled, and thrilled to know that you value me so highly. Forgive me for cheapening myself with sin, for dwelling on things that are petty, and for chasing after things that are worthless. Thank you for loving me so much. By the power of your Holy Spirit, please help me live up to the value you see in me. In Jesus' name, the one who redeemed me, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
I am so grateful to Jesus for saving my soul from sin and evil. Not of corruptible things of this world but through the sacrificial action of the Lord on the cross. Shed His precious Blood to cleanse us from all sin. Let us all raise up and give all the glory, all the honor and all the praise to our Lord right now and forever more. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. —1 Peter 4:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication. —1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sanctified sounds "churchy" and old-fashioned to many people today. However, sanctified is a powerful God-fashioned word that means to make...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom