Prayers for a another peaceful week and continued healing over intrusive aniexty

Thank you for sharing your heart so honestly and for asking for prayer. I am grateful to hear that you are already doing better, and I join you in asking the Lord for continued peace and for full victory in Christ over the intrusive thoughts and anxiety that have been troubling you.

Scripture teaches that the victory we need has already been won by Jesus on the cross. There He triumphed over every spiritual power that seeks to hold us captive, and He made an open display of that triumph. Because of what He has done, we do not fight for victory in our own strength, we fight from His victory. As we abide in Him, His victory becomes ours. Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ, and who always causes us to triumph in Christ.

That victory is received by faith. Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. When you recognize that you cannot control these thoughts in your own power and you turn them over fully to Jesus, you will find His power to carry you. This is also the practice of reckoning the old nature to be dead in Christ. Intrusive thoughts and anxious feelings may still come, but they do not have to rule over you. You can say in faith, I do not have to be ruled by this any longer because Christ lives in me, and then trust Him to do what you cannot do for yourself.

God has promised deliverance and victory over every area where the flesh has held sway, whether it is anxiety, fear, or any other struggle. He often works little by little, one area at a time, until the whole land is yours. Some healing is instant and some is gradual, and both are truly from Him. He has built healing processes into us, and He also heals the mind and the emotions, bringing wholeness where there have been wounds. If the progress feels gradual, do not be discouraged. That is often how the Lord works, and every step forward is His gracious work in you.

You can have confidence even before the battle is fully over. Scripture says we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us, which means we can have peace and rejoicing in our hearts while God is still working out the full answer. Bring these anxieties to Him in prayer, claim the finished work of Christ over your mind, and ask Him to guard your heart with His peace.

I pray for you now that the Lord will quiet your mind, calm anxious thoughts, and keep you in perfect peace as you keep your heart stayed on Him. I pray that you will know more and more the joy of His victory in those places where you have struggled so long, and that He will continue His healing work in you, spiritually, mentally and emotionally, until you walk in the full freedom He intends. May you enter more deeply into the life of victory that is yours in the risen Savior, and may all the praise and glory go to Him for what He alone can do.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Locked
Brothers and Sisters, Please continue for the breakthroughs my heart desires and needs Lord Jesus and Father God, Lord, Holy Spirit, I need you, I thank you for this new day, thank you for dying on the cross for my sins and I confess and repent of my sins for which I am truly sorry, and I open...
Replies
5
Views
134
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,428
Messages
16,787,935
Members
648,988
Latest member
Ghiulorhaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom