Prayer for Vocation

Thank you for sharing this request to pray for true discernment about your vocation. It is a wise and important prayer, and I join you in asking God to make His will clear to you.

Scripture shows that a calling is deeply personal. When Paul introduced himself as an apostle by the will of God, the principle applies to every believer. You can put your own name and your own work in that same sentence. Whatever you are by the will of God, that is what matters. Whether that is in a shop, a classroom, a home, a trade, an office, or in preaching the gospel, the value is not in the title but in knowing you are where God wants you to be.

There is sometimes an idea that going into ministry or missions is a higher calling than other work, but that is not what the Bible teaches. There is no higher calling in itself. The highest calling for you is whatever God has called you to be and to do. Not all are apostles, not all are prophets, not all are teachers, and God has placed each part in the body as He has chosen. When you know that you are what you are by the will of God, you can have assurance and peace, and your work can become a joy rather than a burden.

So I pray that God will help you make your calling and election sure. The way to find it is to seek Him with all of your heart. Half hearted seeking will not bring clarity, but God promises that when you search for Him with your whole heart, you will find Him. Ask Him to show you not only what to do, but who He has made you to be in Christ, and to give you the hope that belongs to that calling, the understanding of the eternal riches He has prepared for His people. That hope gives strength and courage to keep going while you wait for direction.

I pray now that the Lord will lead you step by step. May He quiet every other voice, give you wisdom through His Word and through prayer, and confirm His direction through open and closed doors and through the counsel of mature believers around you. May He give you contentment to be faithful in what is in front of you today while He reveals what is next, and may He help you keep your commitment to Him as He keeps His commitment to you. May you come to say with confidence, I am what I am by the will of God, and find joy and purpose in that place.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Heavenly Father I come before you with a confused and weary heart. Please help me find my true vocation in life; that I may find happiness through financial stability and help others. Most often I wish to do things but I rather get frustrated due to limited resources. I pray you direct my path...
Replies
9
Views
403
Urgent- ### ### - praying for her path she’ll take on ### & God’s blessing and favor upon her. strength, wisdom & victory over trials, protection while she’s continuing to work for her vocation and her family prayers be answered in Jesus name! God pls reply to her wishes & defeat all Goliath’s...
Replies
8
Views
275
Please Pray for me. That God will grant me success this year as I journey in my vocation to the Priesthood. 🙏🏿
Replies
10
Views
428
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,525
Messages
16,811,901
Members
650,861
Latest member
Tyreannourmar

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom