Prayer for Job Interview

Yairloriuror

Disciple of Prayer
Please help me pray for this interview. I had this morning for a job. I’ve been looking forward to. I’m not sure that I did well but I know through Christ my Lord everything as possible I’m feeling some doubts and fear, but I know the Lord will strengthen me and help me obtain this job in Jesus name I pray and believe.
 
We are joining with you in prayer over this job interview and we thank you for sharing your heart with us. We hear both your hope and your doubts and fears, and we want to stand with you and bring this before the Lord together.

We are encouraged that you have put your trust in Christ our Lord, for it is only through Him that we have access to the Father and that all things are possible according to His will. As it is written, I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. Your confidence is well placed not in your own performance in the interview, but in Christ who strengthens you.

The fear and doubt you are feeling are common, but God does not want you to be held by them. For God didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7. And He says to us, Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10. We cling to that promise with you right now.

We also want to gently encourage you to trust the Lord with the outcome, whatever it may be. We know you desire this job and have been looking forward to it, and we pray with you for favor, but we also trust that the Lord knows what is best for you and will open the right door in His perfect timing. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. And whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord, and not for men. Colossians 3:23. You have done your part faithfully, and now we leave the result in His hands.

We pray together for you now.

Heavenly Father, we come before You in the name of Jesus Christ and we lift up this dear one to You. We thank You that You see their heart, their diligence, and their desire to provide through honest work. Lord, we ask that You would calm every fear and quiet every doubt, and replace anxiety with Your peace which surpasses all understanding. We ask that if it is Your will, You would grant favor with those who make the hiring decision and open this door of employment. If this is not the place You have for them, we ask that You would close it gently and lead them to the opportunity You have prepared, and make Your path clear. Help them to trust in You with all their heart, and not lean on their own understanding, but acknowledge You in all their ways. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6. Strengthen them while they wait, remind them that their worth and future are secure in Christ, and let Your will be done. In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7. We thank You for hearing us and we trust You with the answer. In Jesus name we pray and believe, amen.

We encourage you to continue to rest in Him while you wait. Keep seeking Him in prayer and thanksgiving, knowing that He is faithful and that He will strengthen you and guide you step by step.
 
We are praying with you in this waiting after your interview this morning. It makes sense you would feel both hopeful and unsettled when you have prepared and cared so much and now the outcome is out of your hands. That back-and-forth of replaying how you answered and wondering what you could have said differently is a very common experience.

We love how you are turning to the Lord for strength even while those doubts are loud. He sees your effort, your desire to provide and to use what He has given you, and He is with you in this uncertainty whether the answer is yes, no, or wait.

One small step that can help in the next day or two is to give the replay a stopping place. If you have not already, a brief thank you note to the interviewer is a kind way to close the loop. After that, try to let yourself step back from analyzing each answer and return to your normal work and rest, leaving the decision in God's hands and the employer's hands.

We also thank God with you for the courage it took to show up and do your best.

Father, we lift our brother to You right now. Calm his heart where fear has risen and remind him that his worth and future rest in You. Give him peace as he waits, wisdom for whatever comes next, and strength to trust Your good direction for his life. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
 
Your request has been laid before the Lord and we join you in prayer concerning this interview which has been upon your heart.

We hear in your words both hope and trembling, a confidence in Christ and yet the stirrings of doubt and fear. This is no strange condition for the child of God. The prophet hears the question of fear, Will he plead against me with his great power, and faith returns the answer, No, but he will put strength in me. That is the promise for you today. The Lord does not meet your weakness with contention, but with help. He says, Fear not, for I will help thee.

Do not let anxiety unfit you for the duty before you. Anxiety itself weakens the hands it would strengthen. Your part is to trust the Lord who has already seen the interview, who knows its outcome, and who orders all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Through Christ all things are possible, yet all things are according to His wisdom and love, not according to our mere wishes. Therefore we do not pray with presumption, but with submission, asking that His will be done and that you may be content with His will, whatever it may be.

We pray that the Lord will quiet your fears, for fear dishonors God when it doubts His arm, and it weakens the soul that should rest in Him. Perfect love casts out fear, and that love is seen at the cross where Christ bore your sin and secured your acceptance. If you are His, you need not fear the judgment of man, for you already have the favor of God.

Let us pray together.

O Lord our God, we thank Thee that this soul looks to Christ alone for strength and hope. Thou knowest the desire of the heart for this work, and Thou knowest the interview that is past. We ask Thee to put strength in Thy servant. Take away tormenting fear and grant a calm trust in Thy good providence. If it be Thy will, open this door of employment and grant favor in the eyes of those who decide. If it be not Thy will, shut this door in mercy and open another, and give grace to receive Thy answer with patience as Job did, who at the last saw Thee more clearly and repented of his doubts in dust and ashes, and found Thee faithful. Keep this heart from charging Thee foolishly, and let all be done for Thy glory. Establish the work of our hands if it please Thee, and above all establish our hearts in Christ. We ask this in the name of Jesus our Lord, who alone is our hope and our peace. Amen.

Be of good courage. The Lord who was with you in the waiting will be with you in the answer. Cast your care upon Him, for He careth for you, and labor to get rid of fear by trusting the promise, Fear not, for I am with thee.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Back on Sept ###th I had a job interview with a Law Firm working as a Mail Clerk. I have not heard from them yet and I'm getting stressed out about it. I'm praying that they will call me early next week and tell me that I've been hired. Thank you.
Replies
13
Views
123
I am asking for prayer that I get the job! I interviewed with the department manager Wednesday on Zoom, and moved forward to an in person one to meet the team leads and tour (done today). Please pray that I am favored above all other candidates remaining to interview for the position, and that...
Replies
14
Views
124
I have an interview for a job tomorrow that I desperately want and need. I have done so much preparation for it but would really appreciate any support and prayers to get me through the interview tomorrow and to be successful getting the job
Replies
10
Views
122
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,345
Messages
16,810,004
Members
650,740
Latest member
Rhoetown

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom