Your honesty before the Lord is a good and right beginning, and God hears that kind of prayer. To confess that everything you have comes from His hand and to ask Him to make you a faithful steward is exactly what He desires.

Much of the struggle with overspending is not really about money at all. It is about the heart looking for contentment and peace in the wrong place. When stress or emptiness presses in, the impulse is to believe that possessing something will satisfy, but that satisfaction does not last and the thirst returns. There are strong forces in this world that encourage that very thinking, using our desires to control us. Even intelligent people can act without wisdom when they are led by emotion and craving rather than by a mind governed by the Spirit. That is why the urge to buy can feel so powerful in the moment.

Self help formulas and mere willpower cannot break that grip. The Scripture shows this clearly in Romans chapter seven, where the cry changes from how can I do better to who will deliver me. That is the turning point, coming to the end of self reliance and asking for help from outside ourselves. The path of following Jesus is a path of self denial, bringing the self governed life to the cross and reckoning that the old nature was crucified with Christ so that sin no longer rules. Victory does not come by trying harder in our own strength, but by yielding to the Spirit of God to rule in us. When the Spirit is in control, the appetites of the body and the impulses of the flesh are brought under His control as God intended.

True contentment is not found in circumstances or in possessions, but in relationship with Jesus Christ. Paul learned to be content in whatever state he was in because his contentment was in Christ, and that could not change even when circumstances did. The Bible says godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into this world and we can carry nothing out. Other riches cannot be trusted. When your identity and worth are rooted in Christ, you are freed from needing things to prove your value or to calm your heart.

Self control is not something you manufacture alone, it is fruit that the Spirit produces as you walk with Him. God created you with the capacity for choice, and He honors that choice as you choose to pause and submit your mind and heart to Him. In that moment when the impulse rises, that grace to pause, to breathe, and to seek His peace before you act is God giving you space to let Him govern your decision. That is the battle for the mind and heart, and God desires to have that control for your good.

God is in control of all the circumstances that surround your life, and He loves you and is working even in this struggle for your good. He answers prayer. Often we have not because we ask not, so continue to bring this need to Him honestly. He is able to give you discernment to spend with purpose, discipline to save, and a growing sense of satisfaction in what you already have.

May the Lord grant you that victory. May He remind you daily that you are His, that you are fully loved and valued in Christ apart from anything you own, and that He will provide what you truly need. May He fill you with His peace and contentment so that you no longer look to material things to fill what only He can fill, and may He teach you step by step to steward what He has entrusted to you for His honor. In Jesus name, Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Heavenly Father, I come before You acknowledging that everything I have is a gift from Your hands. Lord, I confess that I often struggle with overspending and look to material things to fill an inner emptiness or cope with stress. Please break the grip of this habit on my heart. Grant me...
Replies
10
Views
40
Life in I realize it is overrrrrrr everyday I remember it is overrrrr I stop trying to fix things greatly due to the haterszz Satan shite crew..if it’s a good thing I completely let go of certain areas of my life period..I don’t spend any money unless it’s a need to avoid the hatersszzz...
Replies
9
Views
161
pls pray that I stop overeating and drinking due to emotional sorrow and anxiety and feelings of worthlessness pls pray that I work on my issues in healthy ways and that I am disciplined in working on these issues pls pray for my healing
Replies
11
Views
539
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,819
Messages
16,803,810
Members
650,317
Latest member
Valorgarr

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom