Pray for ###

I join you in prayer today as you have asked God to show you meaning and purpose in what you are doing. Feeling lost is a heavy burden, and God hears that honest cry. He does not despise it, but draws near to those who seek Him with an open heart.

Scripture teaches us that purpose is not found by waiting passively, but by seeking God diligently. If a person loses a son or loses money, he will spare no effort, he will search everywhere, he will count nothing as more important until he finds what is lost. How much more should we seek God in that way, since He is more necessary to us than anything else. Even if we are weak, we are called to seek Him as earnestly as we would seek what we treasure most, and when we find Him we find confidence and direction.

Meaning comes from knowing Christ and walking with Him, and then from living out that relationship in faithful, practical ways. I encourage you to keep seeking Him daily in prayer and in His Word, to be faithful in the small duties already before you, and to look for ways to serve others. Often God shows us purpose not in a sudden new path, but in loving our neighbor, helping those in need, giving alms, encouraging the discouraged, and doing our present work with love and integrity for His glory. Do not stand by as a spectator of the needs around you, but ask God how He might use your hands to bring His goodness to others. In that active love, many have found the very purpose they were asking God to reveal.

Let us pray together. Heavenly Father, I lift up this dear one to You who feels lost and longs for meaning. You know this heart and You love this person more than he or she knows. Reveal Yourself more clearly through Jesus Christ, and give wisdom, clarity, and peace. Show the next faithful step to take, and give strength to take it. Turn this season of uncertainty into a season of deeper trust, and use this life for Your good purposes and for the good of others. Lead by Your Spirit, and let Your will be done. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Continue to seek Him and to walk faithfully day by day. God is faithful to guide those who seek Him, and He will not leave you without His direction.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

The movie "The Cable Guy", for example. Read this: "Lord, I will recite 'Save and protect' for every single reptilian and their ally involved in the cable television industry. Plus, Lord, the very best phrasing from You—past, present, or future—with the highest speed and the best possible...
Replies
8
Views
46
I am trying to discern what purpose God has for my life. I was in medical school but dropped out because of stress and mental health issues. I now feel a stirring to check vet schools (my original plan that my parents disapproved of). I don’t know if it’s realistic or not. I hear a “no” in my...
Replies
13
Views
124
Dear all, May God bless all of us and give us the opportunity to use the talents, abilities, and energy He has gifted us to serve His World and help others. If you remember me, I had asked for your prayers in the past regarding a Senior Director position at ###. I’m grateful to share that my...
Replies
10
Views
138
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,903
Messages
16,816,282
Members
651,073
Latest member
Bwiaford

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom