'Power Unlimited' - Mark 1:34

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.

Mark 1:34 NLT

Key Thought

Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases, and he had power over all different kinds of demons. The demons knew who Jesus was, so he wouldn't let them speak. He would reveal his identity at the appropriate time, not let his enemies do it. He — not Satan and his demonic hordes — would define what it meant to be the Christ, the Son of God. So Jesus healed diseases, and he ordered demons around and refused to let them have any kind of power. His power could not, and cannot be limited by his opposition. He has all power (Colossians 1:15).

Today's Prayer

Loving and righteous Father, it is comforting for me to know that Jesus has power over all demonic forces. I ask now that he use that power in several people about whom I am concerned. I fear that they have succumbed to temptation and have made themselves vulnerable to the influence of the evil one because of their association with evil people, harmfully addictive chemicals, out of control greed, or uncontrollable lust. Father, I want to pray for several of these folks by name... Bless them and empower them. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, your Son, and my Savior. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
dghP9iPeK9M

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak. —Mark 1:34 NLT Key Thought Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!" —Mark 1:23-24 NLT Key Thought One of the things that we will see again and again in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus returned to Capernaum several days later, the news spread quickly that he was back home. Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with visitors that there was no more room, even outside the door. While he was preaching God's word to them, ... —Mark 2:1-2 NLT Key Thought...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus] traveled throughout the region of Galilee, preaching in the synagogues and casting out demons. —Mark 1:39 NLT Key Thought In the previous verses, Jesus committed to his mission to preach in the villages and cities. In today's verse, he went all over Galilee sharing the message of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus knew immediately [that the religious teachers were accusing him of blasphemy], so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts? Is it easier to say to the paralyzed man 'Your sins are forgiven,' or 'Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk'? So I will prove to you that the Son of...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom